Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCA Grille installed today. I got these grilles and was on the fence after I saw the Roush upper. I held them up to the car today and decided I was going to go with it. Took the tri bar pony logo off. Just bolts on from the back. Once the bolts are removed you just give it a little pull and it slides out of the holes that the pins lock into.

It took me 5 minutes to do this one. I didnt take the bumper cover off. I have seen threads on doing it both ways. I did not remove anything but the grilles.

All I did was grab the upper grile securely sitting in front and give it one firm tug on the drivers side and then the passengers side. Came right out.

The lower grille I removed by reaching through the opening of the upper and pushing firmly with my right hand and pulling with left. Popped right out. Did drivers side first and then passenger side.

Cleaned and waxed paint around opening.

New MCA grilles popped right in.

Obligatory crappy cell phone pic.

I love the look esp with the stock 17" silver wheels. I debated painting the silver insert black like the CJ or GT/CS but after holding them up to the car with the silver wheels (which I am partial to silver wheels) I decided to keep it as is.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I'll buy it if you want to part ways. I need one for a project (as always) lol.

I love those grills, just a tad spendy for my tastes. I also prefer the black of the CS.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are pricey. I was thinking of painting them to look like the gtcs grilles but with the white and black on on my car I think the silver breaks it up a bit. I can always paint them later if I want too. Figured I woyld rock them like this for now.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. It attaches with two pins and fasteners. I removed it. All the parts have Ford numbers and say mca s197 on them if u need the part numbers lmk.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I usually do too. I will live with it like this for a little while. I can always dip them black later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts