Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.mymonte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21567

you can read it here, I knew he'd post something at his car forum. I mean come the hell on, we both got a 3.8 engine but he's pumping out 210 HP and I've got what 150? Yeah like I knew I was going to beat him lol I just wanted to see how fast his Monte Carlo was. It's a 1998 Z34 btw. Somebody at his forum said his engine is supercharged, and my dad doesn't believe it much because he tried looking for the component in his engine but we came up short. It makes sense though that he'd have a supercharger in it though. If he had a regular 3.8 he'd have 150 HP just like me. If I bought a supercharger I'd get 210 HP. Makes sense right?

BAH to the race, I knew I'd lose! :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
if you know what a supercharger looks like then you'll recognize it right away. if not, it sits in place of the upper intake and it has a pulley and a belt attached to it(roots type). i don't know if the z34 are supercharged or not, but they ar not required in a 3.8 to make 210 horsepower. (i.e. '99 up mustangs 190/ '94 up f-bodies 200)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what one looks like, the engine is pretty stuffed in there though. I saw Erick's supercharger in his stang. I tried to follow the intake, but it goes into the bottom cramped area of his engine. True on that, I forgot the V6 99+ have 190 HP... probably not supercharged then. Still upset I lost, even though I knew I would :p

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Seph said:
I know what one looks like, the engine is pretty stuffed in there though. I saw Erick's supercharger in his stang. I tried to follow the intake, but it goes into the bottom cramped area of his engine. True on that, I forgot the V6 99+ have 190 HP... probably not supercharged then. Still upset I lost, even though I knew I would :p
there are more than one style of superchargers. The roots style is the upper intake, Its like the 03 CObra Supercahrger. Roots is nothing like Ericks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts