Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a double exhaust system for my 2004. I read a lot of thread according to exhaust, it seems that most of you are looking for a loud sound.

But, in my case, I would like to get just a mellow sound, the kind of sound that we could hear in the late sixties for a Road Runner or a Dodge Charger R/T 440 (with stock exhaust). It was'nt so loud but just a nice sound.

Is a GT take-off will sound nice on my V6?

Thanks in advance !

TNT

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
well your never gonna get a v8 signature sound with a v6, but having duals and some good mufflers will give you the sound you look for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The GT take-offs give a nice rumble. Like 232 said it won't sound like a V8 but then again it won't sound like a puny V6 either.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you want the muffler they used back then the one to get is the Dynomax Super Hemi Turbo. But like has been said, a V6 won't give you the sweet V8 paradiddle rythm.

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Like they said...I have Mach1 takeoff's and it has a nice sound to it, I even get complements from ricers on the sound lol. If you want it to lope, look into cam work.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think they have those clips at 3.8 that you want.

GT-Take-offs do sound good on a V6, and so do Dyno-max.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
O yeh, I found out something about my Mach1 takeoff's, they are different mufflers from the GT mufflers. Mine are the same as the Bullitt and the Cobra mufflers, a little more flow and a little deeper sound. Found this out from a guy here in town with a Bullett

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Yup yup...I'm too cheap to change out the muffs so they'll be on for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts