Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently looking into caliper covers for my black 2013 Mustang GT and I really wanted yellow but I couldn't find any for 2013 mustangs? And also, how well do the MGP Mustang Caliper Covers fit? I've seen alot of bad reviews for those covers fitting the 2012 and 2013's but I really wanted Red or Yellow Caliper Covers. Any ideas anyone?

And also if anyone can give me any tips on any exterior/interior mods that they have for their 2013's and post pictures that would be nice! I currently have Matte black gt500 style racing stripes, and Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axle-backs. That is all :] Sorry im sort of a rookie, 17 years old and I got my car 2 months ago!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a few responses on AM about how ithe calipers rub against the wheels and make a squeeling noise. Thats why im sort of unsure whether or not to get them...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
They work great for me... I get mixed reviews as far as what ppl think, but I didn't want to paint my calipers, I wanted to keep as original as possible. But I guess I see your concern as far as wheels, I have custom wheels with alot of clearance, so it's not a concern for me. Check my albums in my profile if u want to see them

·
Registered
559 Posts
I believe the '13 brakes are the same as the '11/'12's. There are many caliper cover haters out there. They assume you're trying to have a big brake look without buying them. With the fake rivets and over sized look, it does appear that way.

Kinda rice IMHO, but to each their own.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No matter how you look at them, they are better than the boring, industrial, unfinished look of the stockers. Much better alternative than painting stockers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MELLOWYELLOW06 said:
No matter how you look at them, they are better than the boring, industrial, unfinished look of the stockers. Much better alternative than painting stockers.
Yea I agree I mean stock breaks do look pretty boring and Im looking for a little more color. But are red black and grey the only color calipers out there for 2013s? Cant seem to find any yellows which i think would look pretty sick

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
avengnd said:
I have them on mine, only the rear. MGP will custom paint them, mine are Ford's NQ Yellow Blaze.

I had them all they way around on my V6, before I traded that bad boy in for the 5.0.

Too easy to install...
Ahhh i see
So if i call they can custom make it for me? Like yellow?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't think it is ricey at all. I really miss the red calipers from my old SRT and plan on getting the covers soon.

I think Yellow would look great on a murdered car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts