Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got back from LaMotta Performance in long wood, fl and Jake put in my MGW shifter for me. Great guy, even sured up my exhaust clamps with tac welds for free.

image-1432045600.jpg

This car is entirely different to drive now. This shifter is capable of hammering through gears much faster than I'm physically able to. No matter how hard I try to make it miss a gear, she just slides right in! I can't say good enough things about MGW and LaMotta Performance. +1 for them.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Very nice! I will be getting one in the future!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed mine a month ago. Couldn't be happier. Great shifter. As an engineer, I am surprised they put so much technology into the performance but forgot one of the most important elements.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
bobtail45 said:
Installed mine a month ago. Couldn't be happier. Great shifter. As an engineer, I am surprised they put so much technology into the performance but forgot one of the most important elements.
+1 you would think after the 05, they would have fixed the issue.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well just got back from LaMotta Performance in long wood, fl and Jake put in my MGW shifter for me. Great guy, even sured up my exhaust clamps with tac welds for free.

This car is entirely different to drive now. This shifter is capable of hammering through gears much faster than I'm physically able to. No matter how hard I try to make it miss a gear, she just slides right in! I can't say good enough things about MGW and LaMotta Performance. +1 for them.
Looking good! Just like mine

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
What is the most important element they forgot? Forgive my ignorance, this was going to be my 1st mod of 2013...

·
Registered
5 Posts
AM3...most important element they missed was shifter design and the ability to shift without concern for missed shifts with slightly spirited driving. This is due to substandard rubber support bushing and flimsy linkage. Great car but without a doubt, the stock shifter is the weak drivetrain link.
MGW is great and there are others including Barton.

·
Registered
698 Posts
AM3...most important element they missed was shifter design and the ability to shift without concern for missed shifts with slightly spirited driving. This is due to substandard rubber support bushing and flimsy linkage. Great car but without a doubt, the stock shifter is the weak drivetrain link.
Yup, that rubber bushing was very sloppy.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
An I got you now, I thought you were referring to the mgw shifter having a flaw. I do agree about the original stock shifter.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm planning on taking my car to the track often. Is a short throw shifter like the mgw better for track than stock or is it only better for drag?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I'm planning on taking my car to the track often. Is a short throw shifter like the mgw better for track than stock or is it only better for drag?
Anything. Reverse...driving to the mall.

Lol. Track it will be helpful for both up and downshifting as you won't have to concentrate on getting in gear while driving. Your car is going to go into the gear you want not no mans land.

·
Registered
297 Posts
nosympathy said:
Anything. Reverse...driving to the mall.

Lol. Track it will be helpful for both up and downshifting as you won't have to concentrate on getting in gear while driving. Your car is going to go into the gear you want not no mans land.
Thanks! I was talking with a guy from MAD Motorsports and he said something about short throws being too clunky or something. Defiantly going to buy this shifter pronto.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Lol, shifting stock around 3-4-5 can be a friggin adventure sometimes. Want the MGW so bad but want to install myself and we just got a foot of snow. Might have a garage next year though so I guess Ill be patient...is it time yet?
Haha same issue here. Just keep getting snow. Local shop said 150$ to install it but I know I can do it myself. *sigh*

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Thanks! I was talking with a guy from MAD Motorsports and he said something about short throws being too clunky or something. Defiantly going to buy this shifter pronto.
I am not sure how they would be clunky...

Less throw, quicker to get into gears, perfect shifts every time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts