Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got this shifter? Pro's&Con's? Any NVH?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just got my installed a couple weeks ago. So here's my honest take on it.

The shifter is worth every penny considering the amount of work that ha gone into it. Do the install yourself as it's not that hard. It will save you 200$ of added costs. The shifter has no NVH issues. Only thing you will notice is sight movements because it's attached to the transmission directly. 1-2 shift is impossible to miss if you set the shifters stop but to only allow you into those gates. Watch the videos and you'll see what I mean. My only issue with it was lack of effort when driving normally. The shifter is a bit stiffer than the stock unit so sometimes from 3-4 I would barely put it into gear and I'd grind lol

Only downside I would say is the "install" but just need two jack stands and the few tools and a nice light! 1-2 is fixed. No notchiness. Just a rock hard unit. No point in getting any of the other shifters. If you get their shift balls then watch out, it gets hot in the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
464 Posts
Also, by slight movements I mean Extremely small. Only ocd people might notice it. Lol

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have the first version of the race spec, it is an amazing piece! as said, NVH is no issue what so ever! just firm, precise, confidence inspiring shifting

sent from my S6 using tapatalk

·
Registered
727 Posts
The joys of a shifter that follows the drive line and is never in a binded position.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your imput,Ben Calimer is building my level 2 tranny,good for 1000hp and I just ordered the mgw race spec to compliment his tranny

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks for your imput,Ben Calimer is building my level 2 tranny,good for 1000hp and I just ordered the mgw race spec to compliment his tranny

1000hp huh?
what's he doing to it, lol changing it into a T56?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I installed mine a few weeks ago and wow huge improvement. I didn't realize how bad the stock one was until I got mine installed.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439671512.141983.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439671538.528836.jpg

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

·
Registered
464 Posts
No. The motor and motor mounts hold it up. You need to kind of hang on it to get enough clearance to get that back bolt.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think I'm going to get one. I'm going to have my car on a lift though when I installed it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
1000hp huh?
what's he doing to it, lol changing it into a T56?

T-56 aint bullet proof either, they do break around 850 hp. Ben Calimer's stage 2 is cryo treatment + rem polishing of all the internals, along with brass shift fork pads. I'm getting stage 2 done as we speak.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So am I..lol add on some of his tricks,ceramic bearings welded forks,billet shift stops,etc

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ben also welds the forks for added strengh,ceramic bearings, some of his secret tricks,billet shift stops, etc

·
Registered
774 Posts
T-56 aint bullet proof either, they do break around 850 hp. Ben Calimer's stage 2 is cryo treatment + rem polishing of all the internals, along with brass shift fork pads. I'm getting stage 2 done as we speak.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Ben also welds the forks for added strengh,ceramic bearings, some of his secret tricks,billet shift stops, etc

yeah I'm just messin with ya! I'm stage 1 done by Revolution, pretty happy with it

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Ford racing and white line bushing sometimes still ****ty 2-3 shift. mgw better?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
976 Posts
Way better

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

1 - 20 of 60 Posts