Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright folks, for the past few months everyone has been talking about them, wanting to get it and install it. I have yet so see anyone post there thoughts after install or how the install went. So tell us your thoughts. Is it worth the hype? If you can please keep this to 2011/2012's.

2010-Present Mustang Accessories

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have one, just waiting till over Tgiving to get it installed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I"m definitely interested in hearing how this works out for people here. A friend of mine got one and sold it before putting it in (didn't want to mess up his pretty new GT Premium...long story). I'm not happy with my sticky stock shifter, I've been eyeing the MGW, but want to hear some reviews.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok , I got mine in on Sat and all i can say is WOW. This is how a shifter should feel. I havent got to drive it much but man, this thing is built sooo much better than the stockie. Much tighter and a shorter throw. Goes into gear so easy. I would say this is def worth the $$$. I will give some more thoughts on it once i have put a few miles on it but so far its everything it was said to be. Best $$ ive spend on the 5.0 yet..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok , I got mine in on Sat and all i can say is WOW. This is how a shifter should feel. I havent got to drive it much but man, this thing is built sooo much better than the stockie. Much tighter and a shorter throw. Goes into gear so easy. I would say this is def worth the $$$. I will give some more thoughts on it once i have put a few miles on it but so far its everything it was said to be. Best $$ ive spend on the 5.0 yet..
Nice, this is good to hear, we need to hear more from others. Did you install this your self? If not where did you get it installed? PM sent.

I think this will be my Christmas present to myself. :headbang: HO HO HO!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Youll have to call them and get on the list, They dont have stock on them. I did a bit of the install but didnt have a lift or anyway to get under my car so i took it to my shop to finish it off. It takes about 2 hrs to do. Just watch the videos first.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Youll have to call them and get on the list, They dont have stock on them. I did a bit of the install but didnt have a lift or anyway to get under my car so i took it to my shop to finish it off. It takes about 2 hrs to do. Just watch the videos first.
Nice, a list that sucks. But I'm sure worth it. Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm sure the Barton is nice but I promise you it's nothing like the mgw

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the steed. I do not recommend it at all. Had it immediately taken out and returned to stock. The so called claim that it retains rear lock out. Is true for about a day then it gets stuck in down position at a light didn't realize it. Felt funny but went into gear only Its reverse step on gas. And all I have to say is I'm lucky no one was behind me.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I just got back today and I will do a full installation with photos and instruction and how tos hopefully before I leave again

·
Registered
475 Posts
gregtommy said:
I just got back today and I will do a full installation with photos and instruction and how tos hopefully before I leave again
Great! Looking forward to it.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Kystang615 said:
That's great to hear. I've been looking into this shifter. I'm currently between this one and Barton.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts