Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find a good knob to put on the MGW shifter I just ordered?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Where can I find a good knob to put on the MGW shifter I just ordered?
They have a pretty good selection on the MGW website.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was looking at the satin finish knob on am website.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I went with the steeda black shifter ball with the alluminum stand. It was like 49 or 59 bucks @ latemodelrestoration.com but they gave me a 10% discount on that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wait is killing me! I ordered the shifter assy on the 17th and it still hasn't shipped. I hope it's worth the wait, and $. Here is the knob I got off sick speed on eBay.

Metal

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The wait is killing me! I ordered the shifter assy on the 17th and it still hasn't shipped. I hope it's worth the wait, and $. Here is the knob I got off sick speed on eBay.
I waited 5 weeks for mine. Worth every bit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very interested, but also read that the noise was significant when shifting. Any experiences to share? How difficult to do without removing drive shaft...?

·
Registered
297 Posts
hobo1 said:
Very interested, but also read that the noise was significant when shifting. Any experiences to share? How difficult to do without removing drive shaft...?
I haven't noticed much noise increase. Normal shifting = same as stock, hard = louder and better sounding IMO. Installed without removing driveshaft and that just made it harder to see the nuts I had to unscrew. Either way it would be pretty easy, just takes a little more time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did mine with out removing the drive shaft as well as far as shifting goes it shifts like a race car now not all sloppy where you miss the shifts now you will not with the Mgw

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Is a mgw worth buying if u already a bbk ripper?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I had mgw in my top 3 first upgrades but i have gotten so comfortable with the stock shifter that i Never miss a gear anymore when driving it close to red line. Is the base shifter the same as the track pack??
But eventually i will swap it out bc the feel is sooo much better and so close between gears.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I had mgw in my top 3 first upgrades but i have gotten so comfortable with the stock shifter that i Never miss a gear anymore when driving it close to red line. Is the base shifter the same as the track pack??
But eventually i will swap it out bc the feel is sooo much better and so close between gears.
Pretty sure it is the same shifter. Even tho about 95% of the time I can shift the stock shifter just fine now, there is that 5% of the time it wants to screw me over. Those times are usually when it matters the most.

Plus take your shifter and put it in 3rd and try and move it sideways. The MGW doesn't budge the stock shifter moves everywhere. I don't have the MGW but a local shop was working on a mustang that did and I get to feel how it shifts. Huge change.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
They are the exact same shifter. Even if you do not replace the shifter, just get the Barton 2 post shift bracket, you'll love it and its such a big improvement over stock

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got a surprise in the mail today, shifter finally arrived. :)

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
They are the exact same shifter. Even if you do not replace the shifter, just get the Barton 2 post shift bracket, you'll love it and its such a big improvement over stock
Does the bracket eliminate the 2-3 lock out. I feel the stock shifter is perfect other than that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts