Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere besides the mgw website to get a mgw shifter for my 12 gt? Didn't see a price on the website. Anyone installed one? Anyone with a preference of a mgw or a barton? Does the mgw come with a bracket like the barton?

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
As far as I remember about MGW, you can only order from them directly. I don't remember seeing their stuff for sale at any of the major retailers at all. The 12 price isn't on there probably because it is still so new. If you were to call them I'm sure they could give you a price. I would expect it to be on par with the 2010 price of about $260.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just recently emailed them to see how I can get one. I'm on the "list" now for when they are available in mid Dec and I was told they are $375. I was going to get the Barton but heard this one was the best available. Apparently it replaces the shifter and also the lower shift box and rear support bracket. This one also does a better job of keeping out engine noise and heat.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just recently emailed them to see how I can get one. I'm on the "list" now for when they are available in mid Dec and I was told they are $375. I was going to get the Barton but heard this one was the best available. Apparently it replaces the shifter and also the lower shift box and rear support bracket. This one also does a better job of keeping out engine noise and heat.
Guess I better get on the list.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You can get MGW shifters at MGW Mustang Shifters (Stangmods) you will probably have to call them for the 2011-2012 Mustangs. They are not on the website. It is probably just as easy to call MGW and get on the list. I'm paying $411 for mine, but I'm also getting the heat shield. I'm on the list and was told mine will ship late this month. :) Go to the link below to follow installs of the MGW Shifter, I believe that gregtommy is working on a step by step install sheet based on his recent install.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t295099/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts