Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any direct experience with Michelen Pilot Super Sports?

Just spent the last 2 weekends at the track and I am definitely upgrading from the stock Pirelli P Zero Nero's which absolutely scream under hard driving, understeer like crazy, regardless of changing pressures. This is for my daily driver (except winter) which will get about 15k miles per year. Will also autocross about 3 times, and 2 or 3 track days. I know everybody has their favorites but I'm really looking for feedback on other Mustangs with these, probably 255/45-19's all around, keeps me in the stock class and I can rotate them for even wear.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm getting ready to run the this setup 285/35/19 all around when the size comes out in a few weeks by Michelin. One of my customers runs this setup on his track car... loves it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the input. I "may" do the staggered setup with the 285's in the rear but all around would be a bit over the top for me. Also a bit pricy as I'm picking up new wheels also and 8.5's are definitely less expensive than 10's. A bit concerned about hearing they only lasted a summer on a Vette but that's the first time I've heard that so I will be keeping my ears open about life expectancy. Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have pilot sports. I'm not sure if they are super sports or not but I do know they suuuuuuuuuck. There good for leaving 200' 11's down the back street though LOL...

You happen to be in central FL I will take those P-zero's off ya for a fair price depending on wear... Wouldn't be worth shipping though

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
rebeltx said:
I have pilot sports. I'm not sure if they are super sports or not but I do know they suuuuuuuuuck. There good for leaving 200' 11's down the back street though LOL...

You happen to be in central FL I will take those P-zero's off ya for a fair price depending on wear... Wouldn't be worth shipping though
I too have the pilot sports and think ther the best tires I've ever owned. I'll be going super sports the next time around due to how well I like these. I've always ran Goodyear & BFG in the past.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I too have the pilot sports and think ther the best tires I've ever owned. I'll be going super sports the next time around due to how well I like these. I've always ran Goodyear & BFG in the past.
What size are your pilot sport? I will admit that I need to get wider wheels and tires so my assessment may not be the best.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The forums are all about trying to provide good information to others. Now and in the future. I try to keep that in mind and do my best to keep the information I provide honest. I would hope more would do the same.... Back on topic now... Can someone with pilot sports or super sports tell me what your mods are and how wide your wheels are as well as how you like the tire? I have 3.73's, drive shaft, LCA mounts, hybrid 93 Bama tune, SR springs... The purpose being I am trying to determine what size wheel I should order.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
I have 305's on 10" wide forgestar wheels and they're bulging a little, but they hook really well. I have billet lcas with BMR relocation brackets, UPR upper control arm and torque mount. Steeda adjustable panhard rod, Koni STRT dampers, FRPP p springs, and a Steeda strut tower brace with GT500 sway bars. My car is very neutral, MAYBE slight understeer. Brakes will be my next investment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts