Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with either of these tires? I’m looking at getting them from AM in 255/40/19. The MTs $239.99 are cheaper but are the Nittos $274.99 worth the extra $140 a set?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was gona go 255/40-19 but after some reading it looks like 285/35-19s will fit all around. I may go that route.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
285's will work fine all the way around. What size wheel? I saw 19" but what's the width?

I just did a little research on the MT tires, they're owned by cooper and very similar to the cooper rs3-s, and those are excellent tires. The people that have then love them. Save yourself some money and give the mts a try, unless you need an all season tire. Then the invos are the way to go

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Brembo package. The ford spec sheet says they are 19x9 but I've read a few threads saying they are 19x9.5. ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
98 Posts
285's will work fine all the way around. What size wheel? I saw 19" but what's the width?

I just did a little research on the MT tires, they're owned by cooper and very similar to the cooper rs3-s, and those are excellent tires. The people that have then love them. Save yourself some money and give the mts a try, unless you need an all season tire. Then the invos are the way to go
What wld you recommend for 19x8.5/19x10 charcoal amrs from am? What size and what tire?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
Staggered wheels and tires will cause a "push" in the corners. But you would be fine with any decent all season. 255/40 and 285/35 19 should be pretty good. If you're wanting something super aggressive the maybe go 295 or even 305 on the rear. As far as tires are you looking for traction, quiet, tread life, cheap?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Staggered wheels and tires will cause a "push" in the corners. But you would be fine with any decent all season. 255/40 and 285/35 19 should be pretty good. If you're wanting something super aggressive the maybe go 295 or even 305 on the rear. As far as tires are you looking for traction, quiet, tread life, cheap?
Yea but the push can be easily control with the right pedal :) and that is FUN!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have the Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II - 305/35-19 on 10" rims and love them...its nice that there is no wheel spin anymore, you have to really want to light these up to get them to spin...!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts