Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm running bassani off road x w longtubes and stingers, I'm thinking I will like the sound of an off road h more.... however:
1:) the collector on the x is huge and looks as if bassani really did their homework and this thing flows really good.... so switching to an h w a small cross over pipe seems like not only will I loose power but, efficiency of removing the gases at a much faster rate?
2) so if I were to switch I have read that you will lose top end power but gain low end tq... I can't decide what is more important or if that is even true due to the bassani just looking so radical... in my head because the collector is built so well it would seem the only gain from the h is sound...

I really don't know what to do

ForumRunner_20120919_104335.png

ForumRunner_20120919_104710.png

·
Registered
638 Posts
If that is the case of losing power up top but gaining down low, wouldn't you want your power up top since once floored out the hole you're gonna be in higher rpms? Then like you said your only gaining sound correct?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
My Personal chose is to keep the X pipe. I don't believe the sound difference will be that much of a difference. Many people make comments on sound, but of those people, who has actually heard that difference. I have Magnaflow with BBK long Tubes and BBK o/r X pipe. It's good enough for me to keep and not worry about changing.:good:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've heard both. O/R H and X as well as catted and stock. I like the sound of the H better. ESP at WOT. I think the best way to describe an H is deeper and "hammering".

Main reason I went with the H though, when I did cams, I wanted the low end. Then I went to 4.10's, so that didn't really matter anymore.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have lost low end power after header and cmdp install... I guess at the end of the day I too think h will fit my needs better... bassani x up for sale $100 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts