Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after having a long thinking process im in a real rut. Basically i live in ohio and it snows a lot and i work at a job which requires me to do some traveling to other offices not to mention a 35 min drive every day there and back. I am strongly considering goin to the import side of things and possibly getting another car. It really sucks cuz part of me wants to give up on the 6 and go for a FWD/AWD car and the other part of me wants to just tuff it out and hope that i get thru the winter and getting my nitrous will make me happy performance wise. IF and i say IF i decide to get rid of the stang this is what im considering. Lemme know ur guys's opinions on this all jokes aside id really appreciate some legit responses.

Eagle Talon TSI
99 Civic SI
Eclipse GS-T (turbo)
Jetta GTI

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Jeep.. You suck if you dump the stang for anything but a Jeep.

Think about it. Mustang has a history and a dedicated loyal CULT following

Jeep has a history and a dedicated loyal CULT following

Subaru.. give me a freaking break
Mazda.. POS
Mistsubishi.. yeah,, them and their damn stereos
Honda.. Leaf blowers and cars..

JEEP!

JEEP!

If you are thinking of replacing the 'stang there is ONLY ONE alternative

check it out a bit.

www.7slotgrille.com

www.jeepsunlimited.com
www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums

www.naxja.com

www.nagca.com

and check out on the newsgroups.. RAMJ&W Rec.Autos.Makers.Jeep&Willys

:headbang:

You will never regret the Jeep.. The history, the loyalty, the following.. rivals only the mustang.. If you like what you get with the comraderie of the stang, you will get the same thing from the Jeep.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
dont dump the stang. i drive in the snow every where.
Just buy studded snow tires for the rear, and two sand bags for the trunk.

Done deal, and your all set. Nothing to worry about, NH has some bad fucking winters and I NEVER have trouble.

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright ken and corey i said serious responses lol. Jeeps r cool if u have a small weiner and like men. Im gonna need somethin a lil faster and something that looks good. j/k! I like ur jeep consider whenever i see one i think wow jeeps r gay but when i saw pics of urs i thought huh not bad looking actually.

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well i need something that looks good too

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
So I had class tonight..

and I have a Lesbian Chemist in class with me.. Known here for years..

She gave the jeep the 'stamp of approval'

WTF does that mean :-?

Seriously though Steve.. Jeeping is a cult like stangs.. There is nothing like the two.. Camaro guys, honda guys, Harley guys....

Well, maybe harley guys..

If you want a 4WD, you will regret not getting a Jeep..

If you want to stick it out through the snow (It's only 3 months out of the year) stick it out.. but to go to an import... :oops:

Jeeps aren't chick cars.. they aren't lesbian cars...

look at some of the links I posted.. Look at what these guys do with their rigs.. In the Jeep world, running some LOCAL trails is as impressive as hitting 13's with a muscle car..

:headbang:

Read my post about taking my Rubi swimming.. Different world, but same passion..

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i definately respect that and i know jeeps have that cult following if i lived in a more mountain like area i might even consider one ur is cool no doubt but just not my style at this time in my life.

·
Registered
301 Posts
How quickly and thoroughly does your area get plowed/salted? If they do well, I say tough out the winter. I'm up in NH, running snows on the 15" wheels and I do pretty well.
Driving in snow isn't hard; it's mostly just driving smart. An idiot can get anything stuck; I see more 4WD vehicles in ditches, and stranded in the snow than RWD.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MusclesFromBrussels said:
after having a long thinking process im in a real rut. Basically i live in ohio and it snows a lot and i work at a job which requires me to do some traveling to other offices not to mention a 35 min drive every day there and back. I am strongly considering goin to the import side of things and possibly getting another car. It really sucks cuz part of me wants to give up on the 6 and go for a FWD/AWD car and the other part of me wants to just tuff it out and hope that i get thru the winter and getting my nitrous will make me happy performance wise. IF and i say IF i decide to get rid of the stang this is what im considering. Lemme know ur guys's opinions on this all jokes aside id really appreciate some legit responses.

Eagle Talon TSI
99 Civic SI
Eclipse GS-T (turbo)
Jetta GTI
Eagle Talon TSI/Eclipse GS-T

- not reliable... will not handle that much driving.

Getta/GTI

- do NOT.. I repeat DO NOT buy any VW after the year 1998... The company has gone to ****, and the cars literally fall apart.. Read http://www.myvwlemon.com for more details. It's a site of VW owners who are fucking outraged by how unreliable their BRAND NEW VWs are..

Honda Civic Si

- The most reliable of the above... I'd go with this. It will handle a LOT of miles on the OD

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eagle Talon TSI/Eclipse GS-T

- not reliable... will not handle that much driving.

Getta/GTI

- do NOT.. I repeat DO NOT buy any VW after the year 1998... The company has gone to ****, and the cars literally fall apart.. Read http://www.myvwlemon.com for more details. It's a site of VW owners who are fucking outraged by how unreliable their BRAND NEW VWs are..

Honda Civic Si

- The most reliable of the above... I'd go with this. It will handle a LOT of miles on the OD[/quote]

what about an eclipse GS-X man ive looked at a few and taht AWD turbo= high 14 second stock car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
:D i live in texas so i dont see much snow, we are lucky if it gets down to 40 or 50 degrees.....

ive only seen and felt snow for myslef a couple of times, so i have no clue on
what would be a good realastic car to buy for that

my assumption would be to get a 4x4, maybe.....

but gl with whatever you get! :p

ps. but try not to give up the stang or else you might be doing this :oops:

-matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts