Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my o/r h pipe, I know I can have my check engine light turned off with a tune from BAMA. But which is better? To have BAMA turn it off or to purchase MIL eliminators. Is there any benefit to having the MIL eliminators?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a tuner. I'm just wondering if there is any benefit to them before I drop $70 bucks on them

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The only benefit to installing the MIL eliminators would be passing emissions. Since the MIL eliminators send a single back to the PCM saying the catalytic converts are working properly, you shouldn't have any issues passing the OBDII emissions test. Compared to a custom tune, the only adjustments that are made is the rear O2's turned off. This will show in the OBDII emissions test causing the car to fail, but will not throw a light.

That being said, you could still fail emissions even with the MIL eliminators from a visual inspection. If they see you have an O/R mid-pipe, they will more than likely fail the car.

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for breaking it down Shane.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the MIL's seem to work sometimes and not others, if you have no emissions then dont bother with them

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
98vertgt said:
I have a Bama tune for my car but my check engine light is still on for my o/r x. Any thoughts?
When you got ur tune from BAMA did you put that you had the o/r pipe? Possibly they forgot to add it to your tune?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

SpectorV said:
the MIL's seem to work sometimes and not others, if you have no emissions then dont bother with them
Yeah I've got gay ass emission. I moved over the summer to Nevada from California tho so emissions laws arent as strict. And I think here in Vegas we just have the obd II emissions test, so if I register my car here I may get mil's. But idk if I'm gonna register my car here yet.

·
Registered
490 Posts
JetLife 01GT said:
When you got ur tune from BAMA did you put that you had the o/r pipe? Possibly they forgot to add it to your tune?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Yeah I've got gay ass emission. I moved over the summer to Nevada from California tho so emissions laws arent as strict. And I think here in Vegas we just have the obd II emissions test, so if I register my car here I may get mil's. But idk if I'm gonna register my car here yet.
I might have.. I had it on before but I honestly don't remember. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
^That is why AM leads the pack. Unbiased information. +1
Thats exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for breaking it down Shane.
Glad I could help guys! Thanks for the support.

Shane

I might have.. I had it on before but I honestly don't remember. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning
98vertgt,

You definitely shouldn't have a check engine light on from the catalytic converts with a Bama tune. Are you positive the CEL is from the catalytic converts? If you've had the CEL checked and it is indeed from the catalytic converts, give Bama a call and they'll be able to quickly turn off the rear O2's for you. Let me know if I can help with anything else or if you need help getting in contact with Bama!

Shane

·
Registered
490 Posts
AMShaneLesky said:
Glad I could help guys! Thanks for the support.

Shane

98vertgt,

You definitely shouldn't have a check engine light on from the catalytic converts with a Bama tune. Are you positive the CEL is from the catalytic converts? If you've had the CEL checked and it is indeed from the catalytic converts, give Bama a call and they'll be able to quickly turn off the rear O2's for you. Let me know if I can help with anything else or if you need help getting in contact with Bama!

Shane
Yeah I'm positive cause I have the handheld tuner one. I'll give Bama a call on Monday. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts