Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that don't know I got rid of the Mustang back in February and have regretted it ever since. Because of that I've been keeping an eye on my local Craigslist for a good mustang to pop up, but I never found one I liked. I've always told myself the only way I'd ever get a different car is if I bought a Dodge Viper or a Corvette. Well I finally found one I liked. It's a 2007 Corvette with the LS2, 80k miles. It's bone stock other than some welded in Dronemasters and an aftermarket stereo (and possibly speakers). I like this forum too much to completely leave it despite getting rid of the mustang. If you have been following my build thread for the mustang in the 96-04 GT section then there isn't really any new information in here, but this will be my official thread for this car.

Plans for it are currently:
-Exhaust, either Borla or Corsa
-Tune, still deciding on doing a dyno or a remote tune
-I haven't researched it much but if it's beneficial then a Cold air intake
-Cam of some sort, still need further research
-Lower it on bolts for now, eventually I'll do some coilovers
-Corvette Cup wheels, I've only seen two options for these either 18X9 and 19X10 or 19X10 and 20X12
-Z06 chin spoiler
-Brakes

Those are it for now, it's gonna see some open lapping days at the road course and will definitely see the drag strip. I'm very excited to be back in at fast car so expect to see updates on it.

·
Premium Member
6,815 Posts
That thing would look pure evil with a Loma body kit on it...
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434915004.507317.jpg
Especially with those tail lights...

Adventure till you drop.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow I just realized I didn't put any pictures up. That Loma kit looks interesting, I've never heard of it before. Definitely gonna be looking into it now. I don't know how I feel about those lights though

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry, I'll try not to do what Cole did. I've spent too much time here to move on

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Go with full exhaust (Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, kooks 3" X pipe, Corsa 3" all the way back - no drone *Borla has drone*), a Vararam CAI and a tune initially. That should be over 400 whp/tq and should be an 11 second car at sea level.

Then, if you want more power, go with LS3 heads (with aftermarket valve springs), FAST intake, a cam then dyno tune it.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go with full exhaust (Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, kooks 3" X pipe, Corsa 3" all the way back - no drone *Borla has drone*), a Vararam CAI and a tune initially. That should be over 400 whp/tq and should be an 11 second car at sea level.

Then, if you want more power, go with LS3 heads (with aftermarket valve springs), FAST intake, a cam then dyno tune it.
I was hoping you would reply! I'm an LS noob so I've got a lot of research ahead of me. My main concern with long tubes is gonna be emissions, we have testing every two years and I believe long tubes are not emissions legal. Fot the most part is gonna take me a while to aquire most of these parts. The Corvette tax is gonna take some getting used to. Do you know a good place that does remote tuning?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I was hoping you would reply! I'm an LS noob so I've got a lot of research ahead of me. My main concern with long tubes is gonna be emissions, we have testing every two years and I believe long tubes are not emissions legal. Fot the most part is gonna take me a while to aquire most of these parts. The Corvette tax is gonna take some getting used to. Do you know a good place that does remote tuning?
For emissions you could run cats and an emissions tune to pass, unless it's a visible inspection. In Indiana we don't have any sort of testing so I'm not sure what all is involved.

The Corvette tax isn't all that bad really. Parts aren't much more than Mustangs.

The key to making power on an LS initially is first headers, cai and tying it all together with a solid tune. I've always used Mike Norris for tuning. I know remote tuning is out there but couldn't recommend anyone.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For emissions you could run cats and an emissions tune to pass, unless it's a visible inspection. In Indiana we don't have any sort of testing so I'm not sure what all is involved.

The Corvette tax isn't all that bad really. Parts aren't much more than Mustangs.

The key to making power on an LS initially is first headers, cai and tying it all together with a solid tune. I've always used Mike Norris for tuning. I know remote tuning is out there but couldn't recommend anyone.
Yeah I'll look into it more. We technically have a visual, but I don't know that I ever saw them look underneath my Mustang. Performance parts don't seem too expensive but I was looking at some of the chin spoilers and was kinda surprised. Granted coming from a 2V so parts were fairly cheap for those. If I had a S197 I don't think I'd be as surprised.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
This guy lives by Ish. I heard that he's pretty good with wrenching on Corvettes. I think that his name is Lingenfelter, or something like that...
Anyway, he has a mod list already made up for your C6! There are a few more items on his list, but it's probably just that you haven't thought about them yet, being new to Corvettes and all.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/c6-ls2-2005-2007/c6-corvette-427-cid-ls2-twin-turbo-725-hp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha that's just a little out of my price range, but I'll starting saving my pennies now

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Lol.
It is expensive!

I was sort of expecting his work to be even more expensive though! The guy has a great reputation and stands behind his work with a 3 year warranty.

You should work towards eventually doing some kind of FI, where you live, high atop the mountain. That would help to make your car more consistent with the high density altitude that you are usually experiencing in the summer.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol.
It is expensive!

I was sort of expecting his work to be even more expensive though! The guy has a great reputation and stands behind his work with a 3 year warranty.

You should work towards eventually doing some kind of FI, where you live, high atop the mountain. That would help to make your car more consistent with the high density altitude that you are usually experiencing in the summer.
True, I would like to do a turbo but that will be way down the road. I would like to have a fairly reliable motor so maybe I can give them a call one day.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Get some side pipes and some rims for it. ?

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434950028.747755.jpg

Kidding. How long have you had it? Any regrets yet? I don't think I could do it. I had a deep hatred for any bow tie though. Mainly because everyone I ever had was total junk. What is the car being built for? What purpose I guess is what I'm asking.

Edit: sorry I see road course and drag strip.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Im pretty sure that all of his vehicles are smog legal also.

I was going back and forth, on a long stretch of very straight highway, with a brand spankin' new Z06 today... For nearly 200 miles! Lol

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Get some side pipes and some rims for it. ?

View attachment 185513

Kidding. How long have you had it? Any regrets yet? I don't think I could do it. I had a deep hatred for any bow tie though. Mainly because everyone I ever had was total junk. What is the car being built for? What purpose I guess is what I'm asking.

Edit: sorry I see road course and drag strip.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Haha I'll get right on it, the 36s are on the way as we speak.

It's gonna be a street car that mostly sees the drag strip and some occasional road course days.

Im pretty sure that all of his vehicles are smog legal also.

I was going back and forth, on a long stretch of very straight highway, with a brand spankin' new Z06 today... For nearly 200 miles! Lol
That would be nice to see if it actually passes colorado emissions.

How was the experience?

1 - 20 of 345 Posts