Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently began driving an LX to take the place of my camaro while I do some work on it and as luck would have it, I got into a minor accident. Spun out while turning onto a two lane highway in the rain and nipped the concrete median with the drivers side tire. Didnt do nearly as much damage as I would have thought. Scraped up the alloy rim pretty good and bent the lip a little bit but other then that I thought it had made it through undamaged.

Of coarse, driving it home it now pulls to the left so something is definatly tweaked. Theres no apparent damage and everything looks fine on inspection. My first thought would be the LCA since it pulls in the direction that the tire made contact in. Could it really be anything else like maybe damage to the k-member that the LCA mounts up to? Id take it to a shop but id like to avoid getting raped by their high fees although I might ahve to to find out whats really bent.

Oh, and this vehicle isnt even mine so I kinda have to fix it :uhh:

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
take some pictures of your drivers side suspension, i have a 93 lx 4 cyl, 5 spd also, we can compare them

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
hmm, that's weird, I think you post some pics ASAP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the rain breaks sometime during the day tommorow I'll see if I can get some pics. I took it out again and it doesnt pull quite as bad as I thought but its there. The effects from the crash may be so small that theyre undetectable by eye. I probably could jsut get by by having an alignment done but if its something I can fix id like to fix it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's exactly what happened to me. I was going into a freeway turnaround and was going fast on the curb...I got gravel under my tires and slid into the side curb. I scraped my drivers side rim and the whole tire is shifting back towards the driver. There's a 2 finger wide gap and a whole hand for the front gap of the wheel and fender. I took it to some local mechanic to check it out and he said I'd probably be better off to have insurance take care of it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Even in a Mustang, it pays to drive with care and common sense. ;):D

·
Registered
113 Posts
i hit the passenger side front tire on the curb cracking the rim and damaging the radiator mount. changed the wheel but the would now pull to the right. so i adj. the passenger side tie rod end and that took care of the problem. i did the same with my new car (i hit a log this time :uhh: ) but i'm gonna take it in for an alignment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts