Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 has had a mis. Put on new plugs and wires and changed both o2 sensors. Put on a new h pipe and mufflers today. The mis got worse after the new exhaust was installed. Also just installed a fuel pressure regulator and set it to 38. It misses as soon as you put it under throttle and all the way threw the rpms. Any thoughts of what to try to to to get it tuned up?

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had the same thing ran codes it was the pop sensor in the distributor. I picked up stock distributor from a buddy and after replacing ran great.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Cm644rodrigues said:
Had the same thing ran codes it was the pip sensor in the distributor. I picked up stock distributor from a buddy and after replacing ran great.
---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Sorry it's the pip sensor not pop.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tfi new?

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Is your distributor new also? Pop sensor is inside the distributor

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Make sure you do not have any exhaust leaks before the O2 sensors.
It can cause the O2 sensors to receive false readings and send erratic signals to the ECU, which will affect how the engine performs.

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
38 sounds a tad low for the fuel pressure to me. The pickup inside the dist is fairly easy to change but requires you to pull the dist all the way out, remove the roll pin a gear etc etc. Does it miss on first startup? After warmed up?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
38 sounds a tad low for the fuel pressure to me. The pickup inside the dist is fairly easy to change but requires you to pull the dist all the way out, remove the roll pin a gear etc etc. Does it miss on first startup? After warmed up?

38-39 is the factory recommended fuel pressure setting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is new msd distributer. And is it true it should be 38 with the vacuum like disconnected? I will check exhaust leek tomorrow but it does not sound like there is one.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

And it was not bad when fired up but got worst when you car wormed up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine did the same thing it was fine until it warmed up the would mis bad when I got on it and kept on it. Second thru 3rd gears were worst. Codes showed pip sensor was told tfi module as well so I just swapped out distributors and got new tfi module and car ran new again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts