Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my pony has been leaking oil somewhere around the oil filter. And on top of that, ive been getting a misfire cause by oil inside Cylinder#2. My car feels like it lost power too. Should I just rebuild the engine or get a new one? Two mechanics told me to rebuild and one told me it needs a valave job.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So my pony has been leaking oil somewhere around the oil filter. And on top of that, ive been getting a misfire cause by oil inside Cylinder#2. My car feels like it lost power too. Should I just rebuild the engine or get a new one? Two mechanics told me to rebuild and one told me it needs a valave job.
I would not have time to rebuild it, I see this situation as a time to upgrade to bigger engine!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it that easy? Sorry im not sure how a swap works. Or do other parts have to be adjusted?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But is the swap worth it? Cause i was thinking if thats serious business; I wanted to just upgrade my whole car.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Worth it or not is up to you. It will be expensive. Most people dont end up going through with a motor swap because it can be costly, and very time consuming. Hell, I have a 5.0 I could put in mine, but its not worth the effort.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The 4.2 is almost a direct bolt in for mustangs. There's a couple things that you'll have to transfer over from your engine but check out the sticky on it. I got a quote from "sw engines" for 1500$ shipped with a one year warranty on the motor. I haven't done the swap yet but I plan on it by summer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts