Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently had a clutch job done on my mach 1 and when i got the car back i noticed the engine would shake and rumble the hood of the car at 1000 rpms. If it dropped below 1k rpms it would run fine and likewise for north of 1k. I didn't think much of it cause the car ran fine for about a week. But today when i started it up the engine continued to run rough and the idle was rough as well as it making deep popping noises in the exhaust. And now when i give it close to WOT im a low gear the engine shakes and boggs down considerably and makes the same deep sounding popping noises. Didnt have any of these problems before the clutch job so idk if its related or not. Can anybody help me out please, sorry for such a long post:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it throwing a code?
Ive had a service engine soon light on with a p1151 code (running lean) for couple months now and haven't noticed it till now. When i accelerate its very jerky and you can hear a popping noise from the exhaust like when tractional controll comes on when you lose traction but all the time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
P1151 is leaning out due to a rich condition. Sound to me like you are running really rich. I would check your plugs maybe one of them fouled out start there then look elsewhere but it may be either a plug or a coil. Also double check your codes to see if any others are popping up that may help you trace it down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P1151 is leaning out due to a rich condition. Sound to me like you are running really rich. I would check your plugs maybe one of them fouled out start there then look elsewhere but it may be either a plug or a coil. Also double check your codes to see if any others are popping up that may help you trace it down.
Thank ill do that when i get home. Would it throw a cel code or just a service engine soon light code?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Just recently had a clutch job done on my mach 1 and when i got the car back i noticed the engine would shake and rumble the hood of the car at 1000 rpms. If it dropped below 1k rpms it would run fine and likewise for north of 1k. I didn't think much of it cause the car ran fine for about a week. But today when i started it up the engine continued to run rough and the idle was rough as well as it making deep popping noises in the exhaust. And now when i give it close to WOT im a low gear the engine shakes and boggs down considerably and makes the same deep sounding popping noises. Didnt have any of these problems before the clutch job so idk if its related or not. Can anybody help me out please, sorry for such a long post:confused:
Had the same issue few months back, was a misfire due to coil in cyl 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts