Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other night i was driving home and i was going maybe 60? Then i downshifted and went to hit the gas and the check engine light came up flashing and then quickly went off i hit the gas again and it came back then it went off again and it was running rough it sounded like something was slipping. The check engine light isnt coming up and i repeated what i did. Any one know if this is a misfire? It happens around 3 or 4k rpms

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Check your connections on the coils and fuel injectors to see if they aren't loose. More than likely you have a coil going out when you are demanding more spark at a higher rpm.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your connections on the coils and fuel injectors to see if they aren't loose. More than likely you have a coil going out when you are demanding more spark at a higher rpm.
Checked em already, i did my intake manifold and some how the tube that connects both fuel started leaked i put a fuel hose on it but i did buy new rails with the tube already connected, could it be the engine isn't getting engine fuel? This is the tube

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yes it could, hook up a fuel pressure tester and if its below 40psi your not getting enough fuel. Could be the line or fuel filter or pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts