Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a miss in the mustang I just bought. We are thinking its just a coil but not exactly sure.. Anyone have any suggestions? It's a V8 so do all the coils need redone or could it be just one of them??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Welcome to the forums ;)

Can you be specific please? what kind of miss? when it happen? :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it is throwing a check engine code, start there. If it is just one cylinder causing the problem the code should point you in the right direction. If you don't have the ability to pull it yourself just stop by a local parts store and they should be able to pull it for you.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If you don't have a code scanner or access to one ...
cheap way out but a little time consuming is to pull 1 plug wire off at a time and see if anything changes , say you pull #1 off and you have another miss , that's not the bad cylinder , then move to the next and so on , till eventually you pull 1 off and it doesn't change , then you've found the culprit , replace the plug and the coil , you only need to do the one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Everyone... we will try and see what happens!! we cant believe that its not throwing a code at us!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Bad miss at idle? I currently have a horrible miss going to the shop tomorrow.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Night Mode of transport

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
If you don't have a code scanner or access to one ...
cheap way out but a little time consuming is to pull 1 plug wire off at a time and see if anything changes , say you pull #1 off and you have another miss , that's not the bad cylinder , then move to the next and so on , till eventually you pull 1 off and it doesn't change , then you've found the culprit , replace the plug and the coil , you only need to do the one
+1

·
Registered
65 Posts
A miss without a code could be a vaccum problem it may not be a full miss just running rough at idle. Check vaccum lines they could cause a rough idle which could be mistaken as a miss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts