Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the SR Performance Sway Bar Kit (front & rear) purchased from AM installed by a local automobile service shop to my 2013 V6 coupe. Months later I started to hear louder compression and popping noise from the front end. I took it to a local Ford dealership since the vehicle is still under the 3 year/36K factory warranty. they informed me the front control arm boots had dried out significantly due to the fact the associated heat shields were missing. I want to know if the heat shields need to be removed to install the SR Performance Sway Bar Kit and can then be reinstalled? Thanks for your time and reply.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just installed a SR Performance set a couple weeks ago.

Nothing has to be changed to change the front. So if something required removing, then my car didn't have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
726 Posts
It's very possible your car was built before the heat shields became standard. There's been about 50 different versions of the front control arms in this car and none of them have solved the bushing issue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I will talk with the local Ford dealership service rep to see if he can tell from my vehicle vin # whether or not it ever had heat shields. I am having to pay $35.00 each side to install new heat shields. If my vehicle never had them I do feel I should have to pay for such. Thanks for your reply.

·
Pigpen
1,407 Posts
Only the Rev. D front LCAs have tabs with tapped holes to bolt heat shields over the hydro bushings. I'm not sure the heat shields actually prevent bushing failure, but I seem to see less complaints online with the Rev. D LCAs than not, so maybe the shields help.

More here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts