Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
Everything is great from what I can see but I didn't install my exhaust. Got about hour into it and got annoyed sense I was doing the whole thing on ramps it was just a pain but we have been using the same mechanic for about 10 years so he did it all for free
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redstang1 said:
Everything is great from what I can see but I didn't install my exhaust. Got about hour into it and got annoyed sense I was doing the whole thing on ramps it was just a pain but we have been using the same mechanic for about 10 years so he did it all for free
Did they have to cut anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
Well it is a "clamp in" but I ended up having to have it welded in. As far as cutting anything yes you do have to cut the factory h pipe. How much though I don't know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
Redstang1 said:
Well it is a "clamp in" but I ended up having to have it welded in. As far as cutting anything yes you do have to cut the factory h pipe. How much though I don't know
Why would you have to cut the factory h pipe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
Yeah that's what I don't understand ....
I had to cut the clamps off mine and reuse them, but that really isn't that big of a deal. If I really want I could just purchased new ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nosympathy said:
I had to cut the clamps off mine and reuse them, but that really isn't that big of a deal. If I really want I could just purchased new ones.
I'm not worried about the clamps I just don't want to cut up my stock h lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redstang1 said:
Well it is a "clamp in" but I ended up having to have it welded in. As far as cutting anything yes you do have to cut the factory h pipe. How much though I don't know
What part of the h do you have to cut?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I installed the mag tru x in my driveway with jackstands, you don't have to cut anything, just have to fight with the pass side top bolt. And I also had trouble with a factory stripped cat bolt, kept turning once the nut got to the end, had to cut that off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tapakegovagnaps said:
I installed the mag tru x in my driveway with jackstands, you don't have to cut anything, just have to fight with the pass side top bolt. And I also had trouble with a factory stripped cat bolt, kept turning once the nut got to the end, had to cut that off.
How long did it take you because that what I'm thinking about doing? And scale of 1-10 how hard 10 being the hardest.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Not counting the cats because I'm leaving them on for now.
 

·
The Blue Dragon
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
How long did it take you because that what I'm thinking about doing? And scale of 1-10 how hard 10 being the hardest.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Not counting the cats because I'm leaving them on for now.
The cats are the hard part, you have to go from the top and bottom of the vehicle. If you're replacing mid pipe only I don't think it will take you more than 30 mins total work time, it'll probably take longer just to get the car up off the ground really
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
The cats are the hard part, you have to go from the top and bottom of the vehicle. If you're replacing mid pipe only I don't think it will take you more than 30 mins total work time, it'll probably take longer just to get the car up off the ground really
Do you have stock over axle pipes? Did you have to remove them during install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Yes I still have stock OTA pipes and no they do not need to come off to install new kid pipe, it will help to loosen the mufflers from them though
One more question in the box the guy gave me had these little pieces that look like adapters or something...? Do you know what I'm talking about? And is that your vids on YouTube from inside the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
One more question in the box the guy gave me had these little pieces that look like adapters or something...? Do you know what I'm talking about? And is that your vids on YouTube from inside the car?
Dk what those are. Can you post a pic of them? Maybe we can tell you what they are then.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top