Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting I get some coilovers soon so I can slam it. They say with the kit it uses koni struts but I went to the struts and there are two different koni struts which ones to I need to get?cause the one of the sets are way cheaper. The koni str.t struts and shocks or the koni singe adjustable?

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
I've heard of the MM kit, not that other brand. I would personally go with the more expensive Koni if I was going with that exact one. Are you looking for just looks or handling?

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
Haha coilovers are expensive by themselves. I would double check with MM about which Konis to use, I don't see there being a difference but you never know. If there isn't a difference then I see no reason to buy the expensive ones if you're just going for looks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you're looking to just slam the car and have no intentions of tracking the car, get Racelands. Be warned though, replacements will probably be in order after a few years.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're looking to just slam the car and have no intentions of tracking the car, get Racelands. Be warned though, replacements will probably be in order after a few years.
Okay sweet so do you know anything about race lands?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found out that the racelands will not work with caster camber plates so how would I get my car aligned if I had it lowered 2.5 in?

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
I just found out that the racelands will not work with caster camber plates so how would I get my car aligned if I had it lowered 2.5 in?
You buy the MM coilovers and do it right.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha alright so I guess I'll just have to do the fronts than later do the backs sense it's not all in one kit besides for like 1200 dollars.

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
The kit does come with CC plates though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it does I just want something that's a cheaper coilover kit cause I only want looks I dont track my car or anything so I don't need all this expensive stuff.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes it does I just want something that's a cheaper coilover kit cause I only want looks I dont track my car or anything so I don't need all this expensive stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
Understandable. But it isn't exactly the best idea to go cheap on a vital component like suspension. I've got a buddy with a cheap set of coilovers on his Integra and every time he brings his car into the shop we have to tighten up the locking plate on them because it loosened itself up. Whereas my buddy with a $1500 kit on his Evo hasn't had any of those problems at all.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I went coilovers up front with the mm coilovers what all do I need just for the front? What struts I don't have a lot of money and I just want to go low I don't drag or autocross keep in mind.

·
Registered
704 Posts
STR.Ts are just Koni yellow sport struts set to 0° stiffness with no adjustability.
STR.Ts are awesome for a non-track use or infrequently tracked car.
Dad has them on his 07 with Steeda Ultralites. It rides as smooth as butter.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So those koni shocks an struts will work with the mm coilovers cause I don't wanna get some that won't fit the coilovers?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts