Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ted-We strive to have the best customer service no matter what. I'm always here to help out when and where I can and I hate to hear fellow Mustang owners having problems!

Jay-I understand. If need be we can get you set up for a full refund. Whatever works for you, works for me! I'm a PM or we're a phone call away to have anything rectified.

Alex

Great customer service. Thank you!
Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Again- I can't stress enough how I'm here to help out our customers no matter what-If there's ever an issue or something doesn't look right with an order, I want to hear about it![/QUOTE]

We will call it even with a free drive shaft :p I appreciate the refund but I can't get the struts off anymore lol.. I did a weld on them to keep them in place.. One thing that would be nice is the one day delivery option I did.. Was a waste of money because I didn't even leave them on for the car show I had because I didn't like how they looked crooked.. But I doubt I could be refunded the over night delivery.. Regardless I appreciate the options

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hood is soft Aluminum. Very expensive. Ford uses prop rods for a reason. It wasn't to save money. Handle with care!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
We will call it even with a free drive shaft :p I appreciate the refund but I can't get the struts off anymore lol.. I did a weld on them to keep them in place.. One thing that would be nice is the one day delivery option I did.. Was a waste of money because I didn't even leave them on for the car show I had because I didn't like how they looked crooked.. But I doubt I could be refunded the over night delivery.. Regardless I appreciate the options
Jay-I'm concerned it might raise a few eyebrows if someone in our warehouse were to witness me walking out the front door with a gift wrapped drive shaft :) but I'm happy to meet you in the middle somewhere! Shoot me a PM so I can track everything down on my end and get some cash back in your direction.

Alex

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hood is soft Aluminum. Very expensive. Ford uses prop rods for a reason. It wasn't to save money. Handle with care!
Ford has been using prop rods long before the aluminum hoods so that is not the reason, Money and weight is. Besides most Ford customers don't even open the hood so the prop rod is fine. The Mustang hoods are made of aluminum alloy and are not all that "soft" either.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I didn't drill Into the hood the brackets that have me trouble are on the base of the car.. And I just applied a spot weld to it.. I love the look now minus the weld spot lol

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I didn't drill Into the hood the brackets that have me trouble are on the base of the car.. And I just applied a spot weld to it.. I love the look now minus the weld spot lol
Find a pipeline welder and they will show you the most beautiful welds you've ever seen. :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Jay-I'm concerned it might raise a few eyebrows if someone in our warehouse were to witness me walking out the front door with a gift wrapped drive shaft :) but I'm happy to meet you in the middle somewhere! Shoot me a PM so I can track everything down on my end and get some cash back in your direction.

Alex

Just so everyone knows American Muscle took very good care of me! They never cease to amaze me.. They truly are dedicated to customer satisfaction! This is why I give them 100% of my business.. Hell even if I had to pay more for their products I would.. That's how much I appreciate their service. And top it off you will never pay more since they price match.. What more can you ask from a vendor.. Thank you American Muscle you have my business and support for life!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Just so everyone knows American Muscle took very good care of me! They never cease to amaze me.. They truly are dedicated to customer satisfaction! This is why I give them 100% of my business.. Hell even if I had to pay more for their products I would.. That's how much I appreciate their service. And top it off you will never pay more since they price match.. What more can you ask from a vendor.. Thank you American Muscle you have my business and support for life!
Hey! Thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it! I'm always here to help out no matter what so if anyone ever has a question or problem with an order I want to hear about it! Best of luck with the new tower brace and have a great show this weekend!

Alex

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Glad to hear you got taken care of Jay! I feel the same way about AM, I make a few orders a month from them, just placed another one today haha. if you got the Strut Tower brace from what I can discern from above ^ you will love it! It's my favorite mod I've done on my car it's a huge difference

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey-Sorry to hear about the trouble with the struts! I'm not entirely sure what's causing this but I'd like to get a replacement sent out for you immediately! Can you please shoot me a PM with your order info and I'll have everything set up.

Thanks in advance!

If you'd like to shoot your order info over to me or give us a call we're more than happy to get your set replaced as well as I can't have you rolling around like this!

Alex

Aaaaaaand thats why i wont shop anywhere else for my car parts. AM's service is unmatched.
Hey alex, where do i send a resume haha

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Glad to hear you got taken care of Jay! I feel the same way about AM, I make a few orders a month from them, just placed another one today haha. if you got the Strut Tower brace from what I can discern from above ^ you will love it! It's my favorite mod I've done on my car it's a huge difference
Thanks for the kind comments sir! I've said it many times and I can't stress enough how I'm here to help no matter what! If anyone ever has a question or a problem I want to be the first to hear about it!

Alex

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Aaaaaaand thats why i wont shop anywhere else for my car parts. AM's service is unmatched.
Hey alex, where do i send a resume haha
We pride ourselves on our customer service and we're always hiring! Let me know if there's anything I can help out with in the meantime!

Alex

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a MMD hood strut kit. Installation went smoothly but one of the retention pins bent during install. I’ve got it rigged on one side with a paper clip till I can find a replacement. Help!

·
Registered
313 Posts
You are necro-posting in a 6 year old thread. I’m not sure if AM still has a presence on this forum anymore. You should telephone AM directly for assistance.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have the Redline Struts and they are great. They have no bracket to come loose and you don't need to mess with the hinge bolts to install.
I bought the Stainless cylinder ones and they look great too.
Same here, only way to fly for hood struts.

·
Registered
779 Posts
But you did have to DRILL HOLES in your car.... Also, the struts are not as tucked in as other kits... the angle of the hood struts actually can get in the way if you are trying to work in your engine bay from the side... i know, i had a set once upon a time... when we did a motor swap, the shop yanked them out because they were always in the way.... They were nice enough to install a different kind that used the factory hinge bolts and the struts were well out of the way....
Drilling? There’s no drilling required for the Red Lines hood struts. It was an easy 15 minute install. No problem for my 2013.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You are necro-posting in a 6 year old thread. I’m not sure if AM still has a presence on this forum anymore. You should telephone AM directly for assistance.
Good point, I missed that. I agree that AM doesn’t post here any more, haven’t for a long time.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ford has been using prop rods long before the aluminum hoods so that is not the reason, Money and weight is. Besides most Ford customers don't even open the hood so the prop rod is fine. The Mustang hoods are made of aluminum alloy and are not all that "soft" either.
And they are not all that expensive. A OE 17 Mustang fender is about $250. You can get after market quite a bit less and a steel replacement fir about $100.

Back to the original topic. I had the MMD hood struts on my 15 for 2.5 years and 35k miles. They are now on my 17 which has 40k miles. The bottom bracket does tend to rotate until it hits the fender but it in no way impacts the functionality. For the price i would not consider any others.

Dave

21 - 39 of 39 Posts