Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So going to run my car for the first time in the 8th. I'd like to break into the 8's, but mainly just want to work on launching my car correctly and getting a decent 60ft. What are my chances? Thanks guys and maybe you can make it out too?

Mods include:
MAC Longtubes
MAC Prochamber
SLP LM1
JLT CAI
93 SCT tune
Steeda Comp springs, bump steer & X2's
PA Racing tubular K member
Tokico HP shocks/struts
MM FULL length subframe connectors
MM cc plates
New Nexen tires (245/45/17s....the weakest link I know).
MGW STS
Stock gears

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just from what I've seen that looks more like a low 9, but driver mod is a key figure in that too. Get some better tires haha.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
So going to run my car for the first time in the 8th. I'd like to break into the 8's, but mainly just want to work on launching my car correctly and getting a decent 60ft. What are my chances? Thanks guys and maybe you can make it out too?

Mods include:
MAC Longtubes
MAC Prochamber
SLP LM1
JLT CAI
93 SCT tune
Steeda Comp springs, bump steer & X2's
PA Racing tubular K member
Tokico HP shocks/struts
MM FULL length subframe connectors
MM cc plates
New Nexen tires (245/45/17s....the weakest link I know).
MGW STS
Stock gears
I'd think you could pull off a 8.6-8.9 depending how good of traction you get and how good of a driver you are. It'll all come down to how good of traction you get taking off with troughs 245's.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

With a 2.0-2.1 60ft

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mobile Dragway eh? Are you from Mobile, AL? Btw, if this is the track you're talking about, just know that it's only 600'.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Cool yes tires are in the works. I seem to get decent traction, but not great. Next up are a set of DR and control arms. I know I def wont be hitting the water box.
Yeah with a set of DR's you could probably pull a 8.5-8.4. With like a 1.9 60ft maybe a 1.8 if its a really sticky track and traction isn't a problem there.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well here are my times. I made 5 passes and overall am pretty happy considering it was my first time to the track. My best was a [email protected] with a 2.19 60 ft.
Second was an 8.99, the. Third and fourth were both 9.04. 60 ft ranged between 2.19-2.24 so at least i was very consistent, but my reaction times sucked. My bad launch on my third pass spun half of first and pulled off an amazing [email protected](sarcasm). Anyway I had a great time, but wish there was not so much down time in-between runs....test and tune = really fast cars + quick/slow cars (me) + bikes, thus about 20 mins between passes. the fastest car was a red fox body mitshubishi 4 cylinder turbo powered car that ran a low 5 second pass and was second only to some drag cars (mr dragsters?).

vid from iphone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfv4L9qBW5c&feature=youtu.be

Mobile Dragway eh? Are you from Mobile, AL? Btw, if this is the track you're talking about, just know that it's only 600'.
Im stationed in florida and made the 100 mile trip (each way) so no not really from Mobile, however I don't think that is correct. My slips show both a 594 foot ET and a 1/8th mile ET. There is no way I only went 6 feet in 0.6 seconds. On My 8.95 pass, I was @ 8.32 @ The 594ft mark. MYbe it's changed since you went last?

Yeah with a set of DR's you could probably pull a 8.5-8.4. With like a 1.9 60ft maybe a 1.8 if its a really sticky track and traction isn't a problem there.
Yea well other than my one launch where I left at 3k, leaving at around 2k and easing into the throttle until about 20mph worked well. Next I think Nitto's will have to be on the list. I've heard great things about hoosier & MT, however If I have to drive 100 miles to this track I think I'd rather go with Nitto555R in case I get caught in the rain, because I've had BFG/hoosiers on an old firebird and I swear I couldn't go faster than 30mph in the rain without it wanting to go everywhere. Either way both DRs and control arms & then gears are next up on the list. Thanks for your input and love the True Blue Stangs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts