Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some advice please. If I am not going to install a S/C or go with the spray. Like all of us, I want the best dollar for dollar set up. I have an 03 auto V6 Mustang. I want to install 4.10 gears and Tlok. What would be the best route to go? Mod my 7.5 rear end with the gears/Tlok and hope the place that installs the parts know what they are doing or get an 8.8 rear end that already has a Tlok with 3.73 gears? Is there really a BIG difference between 3.73/4.10 gears? What would you guys do? Thanks for the words of wisdom.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
im going to do a 8.8

But your 7.5 is good for ~300 hp

So its up to u how much hp u looking to get?

If u can get a cheap 8.8 with gears go for it, but if u odnt think ur gonna get near 300 or over then just stay with 7.5.
Getting a 8.8 might be alot, if u dont need it

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you're not going to run slicks or drag radials, or go power adder, just stay with the 7.5 incher. The 'max of 300rwhp' suggestion I'll have to disagree with. It matters how much traction you make and not how much power you make neccessarily. A 200rwtq car with slicks cutting 1.7-1.9 60's would break a 7.5 easier than a 300rwtq car with street tires trying to launch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts