Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks, I'll be able to begin modding my Mustang. I don't really know what I want to get first, and I'm not sure if I want to mod aesthetics or performance. Bit of background: I am in fact 17 years old, so maybe performance wouldn't be the best thing, since I may be tempted to drive like a bat out of hell. Anyway, I'm open to all suggestions and can be swung either way. Thanks in advance.
-Taylor

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Taylorations said:
In a few weeks, I'll be able to begin modding my Mustang. I don't really know what I want to get first, and I'm not sure if I want to mod aesthetics or performance. Bit of background: I am in fact 17 years old, so maybe performance wouldn't be the best thing, since I may be tempted to drive like a bat out of hell. Anyway, I'm open to all suggestions and can be swung either way. Thanks in advance.
-Taylor
I'd say get rear widow louvers!! Second favorite appearance mod behind hids but you have a 13 so you're good but that rear window louver makes any mustang look sick!! The quarters are nice too!! You can get them for like $175 on eBay for plastic and like 400 for aluminum I'm gonna go plastic when I get the money!

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
NicholasP said:
I'd say get rear widow louvers!! Second favorite appearance mod behind hids but you have a 13 so you're good but that rear window louver makes any mustang look sick!! The quarters are nice too!! You can get them for like $175 on eBay for plastic and like 400 for aluminum I'm gonna go plastic when I get the money!
I personally am not a fan of the plastic rear louvers. They just look cheap after seeing what the aluminum louvers look like.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Taylorations said:
-Taylor
I think your car looks great already. Especially the wheels. Maybe changing a GT 500 spoiler? Or an exhaust like what I did.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
First mod. Window tint. Lol
That's my first mod. I would
Say rims next but those stock
Ones look pretty good!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
silvrskoundrel said:
First mod. Window tint. Lol
That's my first mod. I would
Say rims next but those stock
Ones look pretty good!
+1 on tint. Always a great thing to do. Wheels was my first and if you have the money, do it. Exhaust is always good too, to get that better sound.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would add a different grille first. I can't stand honeycomb. And a axle back exhaust. Makes one hell of a difference. Just go to American muscle and just do some browsing like I do When I'm bored :)

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Great looking car.

All that car needs first is a nice set of either black or maybe white stripes. :good:

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Why change rims on a new car? You have new tread so that's just money wasted in my opinion. When my michelins wear out( long time from now) ill do a rim and tire combo. For a 13 I would do exhaust and an intake for sound and mpg purposes. Strut tower bar. Basically everything besides huge horsepower. Just my .02

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

ronnie948 said:
All that car needs first is a nice set of either black or maybe white stripes. :good:
White one cherry red. Black is too common.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
At your age, the cost of insurance is probably very expensive. Find out what your insurance will be on the options you want to do.

At 17, you don't have a lot of money. Stay with some cosmetic changes and wait till you get older.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
You got to get the Axel back Force II Flowmaster exhaust. It sounds great on our 11 plus V6. You can get it for around 400.00. Around 75.00 for the install unless you do the install yourself. 20 percent tint. Airaid Cold Air intake. Of course sct bama tuner. Buy your stuff from American Muscle. There awesome and lighting fast shipping.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
NewMtang said:
At your age, the cost of insurance is probably very expensive. Find out what your insurance will be on the options you want to do.

At 17, you don't have a lot of money. Stay with some cosmetic changes and wait till you get older.
+1. My money goes into keeping my car. Not modding my car. I'm 19.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Taylorations said:
-Taylor
Nice wheels lol... Lol ..
I agree with the window tint ... It was the first thing I did :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whitelightning said:
Why change rims on a new car? You have new tread so that's just money wasted in my opinion. When my michelins wear out( long time from now) ill do a rim and tire combo. For a 13 I would do exhaust and an intake for sound and mpg purposes. Strut tower bar. Basically everything besides huge horsepower. Just my .02

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

White one cherry red. Black is too common.
I have the performance package so it came with a strut tower bar.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Whitelightning said:
+1. My money goes into keeping my car. Not modding my car. I'm 19.
+1. At your age I wouldn't worry about modding. Just save your money. Might be hard but it really is the best thing to do. Your car looks great and with the PP is a step above the base model. I'd ask family for stuff when birthdays/holidays come around.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just go performance all the way each little performance mod is always fun it make a big difference

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A nice exterior mod that is still affordable, is a set of quarter window louvers! They're pre-painted to match your factory paint and give a nice clean factory look. It's a great exterior mod that it's too flashy, but definitely gets noticed. Check out some of our Customer submitted photos and see ho you like them!

Shane

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Taylorations said:
-Taylor
Tint
Then spice up your exterior
Then some DIY projects
Afterwards exhaust upgrades

Since you're 17 and want to stay away from power

I'm 16 and can't wait to get more power (and transfer it more effectively)

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

NicholasP said:
I gt my window louvers for 45 bucks

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Florida3.7L said:
I personally am not a fan of the plastic rear louvers. They just look cheap after seeing what the aluminum louvers look like.
I had both (I have aluminum now)
Plastic looked like crap was waaaay to glossy and Bowes up in the heat and rattled and sucked overall (rattled from 60+, 80 was terrible and 100 was hell)
Aluminum louvers rattle a tiny bit when you tart to move and look way better

1 - 20 of 32 Posts