Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all can I do to my 2011 gt that won't void the warranty? This may be a common question but I'm still figuring out the mobile app. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Cosemetics . Hood , louvers pretty much body kit stuff . Rims wheels tint stripes exhaust grills. Interior lighting , seats dash panels remove back seats roll cage custom interior sound system . Haha I think I just have you my shopping list forgive the grammar just names my list lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Does a cat back exhaust void the warranty?
if you remove the cats, yes, change out the headers, yes.

pretty much the only part of your exhaust you can touch is the axle backs.

now some dealers don't care. Mine for example because I am not in a state controlled by the EPA BS don't care I don't have cats. If your in an EPA controlled state, you might find this to be not true, as they can receive a hefty fine from the EPA for working on a car without cats.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think if you put in a cat back it will only void the warranty on anything after the cats. But if something happens to your engine and they somehow pin the problem as being caused by your cat back they won't fix it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
its a very tricky thing as every dealership can make their own decision, even if they tell you one thing they could change their mind as well.

To be 100% safe regardless what anyone tells you stick to apperance for a while and you will probably be just fine with an axle back

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anything you change out will not be under warranty. Anything Ford can prove caused an issue will not be under warranty. It just takes a little common sense.

If you install an axle-back exhaust and the radio goes out, you will have no warranty issues. If you install a supercharger & blow the engine, you are going to be on the hook for the repair cost.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Anything you change out will not be under warranty. Anything Ford can prove caused an issue will not be under warranty. It just takes a little common sense.

If you install an axle-back exhaust and the radio goes out, you will have no warranty issues. If you install a supercharger & blow the engine, you are going to be on the hook for the repair cost.
If you rune a tune you can theoretically be on the hook for anything.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
claudermilk said:

In a court of law, you are absolutely correct. However, in the real world, someone's gonna have to pay a lawyer when they tell you tuff luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anything roush supposedly does not void your warranty, if mind you, it is installed by a ford roush dealer. Always, always, always read the illustrious fine print though. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here's my two cents, I ran a tune from practically day one on my 05 mustang GT and had multiple issues with my electrical and even my PCM replaced under the normal Ford 3yr/36k warranty. And this was with a dealership I hadnt even purchased the car from. In addition my gauges and convertible light bar were replaced under the Roush warranty. I would recommend getting FRPP or Roush products that come with a warranty professionally installed and mod to your hearts content! Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a jlt intake and roush axle back exhaust and I still have warranty, my fiancé works at ford and had them write up a ticket so ford knows it was installed by a ford dealer.. I think as long as fords aware of certain mods that were placed on its not that big of an issue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a jlt intake and roush axle back exhaust and I still have warranty, my fiancé works at ford and had them write up a ticket so ford knows it was installed by a ford dealer.. I think as long as fords aware of certain mods that were placed on its not that big of an issue.
You can change the lights on your dash and tilt your steering wheel up and down. That seems to be about it for most dealers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I talked to ford and they told me I can do the cat back as long as I leave original cats, I'm going to build my own exhaust out of stainless and tig weld the joint. I'm getting louvers for the side windows, flat black racing stripes and 20% tint.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Being cool with the service writer at the dealership can go a long way too. My guy at Champion Ford is freakin awesome! He's a mustang guy too and always hooks me up with discounted oil changes and warranty work. He's told me in the past if I have any engine issues, return it to stock and bring it in. My suspension is the only thing that I will not return to stock. If I have any suspension issues I'd expect to eat that cost because lowering a car especially as much as mine is, is going to create other problems that I don't expect the dealer to pay for when it was my doing.

·
Registered
389 Posts

That is a pretty unrealistic example as if your radio goes out they have to prove that the cat back caused it. Since its just piping and a muffler I highly doubt that will effect anything on your car . The only it does is affect the flow of the exhaust. As for warrant I don't think anything should void it unless it affects the power train. Anything engine or transmission related or messes with electronics. I'm pretty sure stuff like
Spark plugs or batteries or even bigger oil pans etc shouldn't affect it

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.