Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be possible to convert a 2000 mustang hard top to a t top? if so how much would it cost?

·
Registered
33 Posts
the cost to convert a 2000 Mustang to a T-top would probably cost as much as buying another 2000 mustang.The whole roof would have to be redesigned to accomodate some other type of pre-made t-top made for another car since t-tops dont come on 2000 Mustangs from the factory.Unless you know someone who can shape and curve glass.I suppose the t-top could be made out of fiberglass but even designing that right to accomodate the correct curvers of the Mustang roof and still keep the Mustang structurally sound along with adding weather seals would be very costly.I did see a kit in where it was made for the 1996-1998 Mustangs in where they cut the entire center section of the roof away which left the rear and front glass and they sold you a fiberglass insert that could be placed in the cut away section of the roof.The insert costed like $1000 and you would have to cut your own roof and paint/ the fiberglass insert yourself as well as adding weatherstripping etc etc.

Any Mustang that has a roof cut will have to have the "frame" reinforced like the convertibles do from the factory because of the lack of steel in the roof that kept the car from twisting.I bet your looking at $3000-5000 easily.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts