Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a automatic GT convertible and I honestly was do something to it but I just don't know what to do ? Any suggestions

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a 99 auto vert, with basic bolt ons I ran 13.92 at 100mph with stock tires and suspension and full weight.

3.73 gears
off road x-pipe
75mm TB and pro products plenum.
CAI
weld in 40 series flowmasters
Steeda UDP
SCT tuner
Dynoed 246rwhp SAE.

bone stock I ran 14.85 94mph and dynoed 218rwhp same dyno.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Oh, and I installed a B&M valve body shift kit.... I could chirp second at half throttle :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn thanks guys didnt think I could do that much and I've looked at tuners damn their expensive ha I only got a k&n cold air intake and gripprs lowering springs and pypez dual exhaust

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Next purchase should be a quality set of full length weld in subframe connectors.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I have a 02 vert gt...our cars are rated at 260hp at the fly wheel. I'm not positive but I wouldn't be doubtful that I'm pushing that or more to the rear wheels.

Bbk CAI
Bbk 78mm throttle body/plenum
93 oct race tune
Mac Pro chamber
Mac cat back
Steeda udp
373 rear end
275/40/17 nitto 555 on 03 cobra rims in front
315/35/17 nitto 555 on 03 cobra rims in rear
Lighted style bar
MGW short throw shifter (since I'm a 5 speed)
Sequential tail lights

Soon to come will be LT headers and a procharger.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Start with letting your stang breathe better.

Our cars come with 4 catalytic converters which will rob horsepower. Get yourself and O/R H pipe with flowmaster super44's then go with a generic brand CAI with 75mm TB and a bigger plenum....those mods will free up a lot of horsepower

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
For engine mods check the stickies section of this forum. CliffyK made a great write-up for beginning mods.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
+1 on opening up the exhaust. But go with a straight through muffler. Flows rob air flow. Tuner. Gears. Intake.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Lets start off with this....how much $ do you have to play with right now? Or within the next month or so...we will get you started

·
Registered
634 Posts
Start off smart and get some subframe connectors before you do anything.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
I believe all verts come with them, (my 02 V6 came with them), but they are bolt in and weaker than the weld ins. I swapped those out for the MM ones. Matched with springs, shocks, cc plates, balljoints, and bump steer and my front-mid susp is done....next up the rear.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I believe all verts come with them, (my 02 V6 came with them), but they are bolt in and weaker than the weld ins. I swapped those out for the MM ones. Matched with springs, shocks, cc plates, balljoints, and bump steer and my front-mid susp is done....next up the rear.
That's true...they are there though so I'm not worrying about them ATM

1 - 20 of 42 Posts