Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've went to many websites and 3 parts stores and no one sells engine parts for the 4.0L in my 05 Mustang. I wanna put some performance into it but I can't find anything. Anyone got a website or suggestion?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
What type of engine parts are we talking here? My buddy has a set of P&P heads for a 4.0 for sale, or are you just talking bolt on stuff?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All, I wanna rebuild the motor and I wanted to upgrade some of the guts so I can put a supercharger on it and not tear anything up too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
All, I wanna rebuild the motor and I wanted to upgrade some of the guts so I can put a supercharger on it and not tear anything up too bad.
There are lots of 4.0's running FI with no issues and on the stock bottom and top ends.

My car has 191,200 miles on it - I didn't put the xcharger on until I had 90,000 miles and that was after two seasons of racing with a 75 shot of nitrous on it. Stock bottom and top end and the car still runs great. The 4.0 is a pretty stout engine and you don't really need to do a build to run boost on it.

Dual power adders is a different matter. No one so far has successfully run a turbo + nitrous or supercharger + nitrous ------- at least not for long. Even a built engine went with 15 lbs of boost and a 50 shot of nitrous.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Drsalt22, he said just make an offer... i can relay the info if you like, business matters should be done over PM though....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts