Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing but excitement over here! For Christmas i got JBA long tubes to put on my car! After weeks of waiting i am putting everything on next Friday and Saturday.

Along with my headers i also bought Prothane Bullet Motor Mounts, JBA Off-Road matching H Pipe, CHE K-Member Brace w/ Torque Limiters, and A SCT Tuner!!

I hope it makes my car night and day difference, not just with power but also rigidity and stability! :headbang: I already have Borla Stingers, Hurst Short throw(Will be going with MGW in the short short future!!!), and BBK CAI. I hope everything just syncs perfectly and makes a brand new car.

In a few weeks I'm taking her to my local speed shop for a solid dyno tune. I really hope i get over 300RWHP(even if its 300.1RWHP). I know its a long shot but we all have to have a goal! But I will be posting dyno sheets in a few weeks for future mustang enthusiast to see what mods can make what power!

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,669 Posts
You are going to see a big change in the feel of your car and you will see right at 300WHP give or take. Those changes that you are making all at once will give you a nice permagrin. On my 07 I did CAI,race tune,Kooks LTs,HF cats all at once and it was night and day. I did have 4.10s though so that helped the butt dyno a ton. Are you running stock gears?

·
Registered
93 Posts
You are going to see a big change in the feel of your car and you will see right at 300WHP give or take. Those changes that you are making all at once will give you a nice permagrin. On my 07 I did CAI,race tune,Kooks LTs,HF cats all at once and it was night and day. I did have 4.10s though so that helped the butt dyno a ton. Are you running stock gears?
How much of a difference did the 4.10's make?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes i have stock 3.31 in the car.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
DYNO

PARTS HAVE FINALLY CAME IN!!!!
Just waiting until Friday to get under the car and get to work!
Take your Tuner with you when you go for the Dyno Tune. Maybe they can do a Custom Tune for you while your there.:headbang:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If you have to ask! Pay to get them installed, it's like 250-400 for the labor
Gears are not easy. If they are not done PERFECT they will whine. Even with experience, people often get them done elsewhere. Labor is often way more than that even at cheap shops. Not to say it can't be done well for cheap.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Gears are not easy. If they are not done PERFECT they will whine. Even with experience, people often get them done elsewhere. Labor is often way more than that even at cheap shops. Not to say it can't be done well for cheap.
Look around and call places, I'm on a Chicagoland mustang forum and there's a performance shop that advertises on it and does gears for 300, that's where I went cause his experience and skill level is going to be unmatched, but most other shops I called was 400-500

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Look around and call places, I'm on a Chicagoland mustang forum and there's a performance shop that advertises on it and does gears for 300, that's where I went cause his experience and skill level is going to be unmatched, but most other shops I called was 400-500
Yes. 500 was about what I got quoted without axle installation. I have since then done my own because with tax and other bs, it was just expensive lol. I got quoted under 1k for a few places as well. Mainly between 400 and 500 without axles.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Yes. 500 was about what I got quoted without axle installation. I have since then done my own because with tax and other bs, it was just expensive lol. I got quoted under 1k for a few places as well. Mainly between 400 and 500 without axles.
Ya I've done my own in the past, it's not hard just don't have the time nowadays and 300 out the door is a steal lol the last gear I did was in my Lincoln with IRS so I just got a junkyard pumpkin and built it up on the bench

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finished up the headers and chassis parts yesterday. it was literally an all day job to do it by myself. I ran into a few snags that delayed the progress a lot. All day was like two steps forward and one step back.

The car sounds like sex! This is my third exhaust setup and I am finally more then pleased with the sound! The motor mounts and K-Member brace really helped plant the power and keep everything straight. Shifting second to third is a completely different feeling. Could not be more pleased.
Also the vibrations in the car are DEFINITELY noticeable. its going to take some getting use to. it makes me feel like i driving a race car with all of the shake and vibes lol.

Now for the downside. The tune I was sent from Bama could really use some tweaking. Sometimes just sitting there the idle will go down to less then 500RPM, and i feel like I'm not getting all my power out of my headers. My dyno tune will surely fix these problems though, just don't have that money to spend right now.

Other then that i could not be more happy with this!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Finished up the headers and chassis parts yesterday. it was literally an all day job to do it by myself. I ran into a few snags that delayed the progress a lot. All day was like two steps forward and one step back.

The car sounds like sex! This is my third exhaust setup and I am finally more then pleased with the sound! The motor mounts and K-Member brace really helped plant the power and keep everything straight. Shifting second to third is a completely different feeling. Could not be more pleased.
Also the vibrations in the car are DEFINITELY noticeable. its going to take some getting use to. it makes me feel like i driving a race car with all of the shake and vibes lol.

Now for the downside. The tune I was sent from Bama could really use some tweaking. Sometimes just sitting there the idle will go down to less then 500RPM, and i feel like I'm not getting all my power out of my headers. My dyno tune will surely fix these problems though, just don't have that money to spend right now.

Other then that i could not be more happy with this!!
Get a retune from bama. I had my best times on bama tunes vs many people on dyno tunes.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
if i request a new tune from them and i tell them what mods i have wont i get the same tune?
Tell them the car drives like **** and to go over the whole tune and make adjustments

And Bori I wouldn't rate a tune compared to others 1/4 time that's insanely inaccurate

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
if i request a new tune from them and i tell them what mods i have wont i get the same tune?
Not necessarily. Tell them the issues you are having, not the email request, but rather a tune after you've told them your problem over the phone. The tune may be essentially the same but they will help you troubleshoot the issues. Which could easily be in the tune.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Tell them the car drives like **** and to go over the whole tune and make adjustments

And Bori I wouldn't rate a tune compared to others 1/4 time that's insanely inaccurate
On the contrary. 1/4 mile times is the ONLY accurate scale for which to identify a tunes effectiveness. NOT a dyno. Independent of its quality factor.

If the tune does not translate into a good time relative to the factors on the slip, it isn't a good tune. There is NO other way to "gauge" how good it is.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Not necessarily. Tell them the issues you are having, not the email request, but rather a tune after you've told them your problem over the phone. The tune may be essentially the same but they will help you troubleshoot the issues. Which could easily be in the tune.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

On the contrary. 1/4 mile times is the ONLY accurate scale for which to identify a tunes effectiveness. NOT a dyno. Independent of its quality factor.

If the tune does not translate into a good time relative to the factors on the slip, it isn't a good tune. There is NO other way to "gauge" how good it is.
But you have driver mod and weather to take into account, driver being the biggest factor

1 - 20 of 29 Posts