Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got a wrx and claims its the fastest thing in the world once he will do stage 2 mod stock vs stock I have him a run for his money badly what mods would I have to do to set the score once he gets stage 2 mods to beat him and leave him in the dust?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Do you know the mods done to it?
I thought it had 3.73's and probably and intake and tune. I saw this video awhile ago but thought I remember seeing that on there. Maybe down in the comments somewhere? :/ Guess it's not too good a reference lol. I'd say it'd be a close race though. Not sure what a "stage 2" does but it'd probably be close. Down to the driver probably. And what year WRX btw? Maybe someone on here has raced them before and can give better insight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it had 3.73's and probably and intake and tune. I saw this video awhile ago but thought I remember seeing that on there. Maybe down in the comments somewhere? :/ Guess it's not too good a reference lol. I'd say it'd be a close race though. Not sure what a "stage 2" does but it'd probably be close. Down to the driver probably. And what year WRX btw? Maybe someone on here has raced them before and can give better insight.
It's a 2012 and he just won't shut up about it calls me out all the time and says he will leave any 5.0 behind once he does stage 2 I doubt it I think stage 2 mods are full exaust intake and tune that ups the boost a lot.

·
Registered
235 Posts
what mods do u have already?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
My friend just got a wrx and claims its the fastest thing in the world once he will do stage 2 mod stock vs stock I have him a run for his money badly what mods would I have to do to set the score once he gets stage 2 mods to beat him and leave him in the dust?
Gears, Headers, xpipe, Driveshaft, intake and MPT tune.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Right now it's just straight stock

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Which do you think is a better tune mpt or bama or steeda tune and most reliable?
MPT are the most aggressive from what ive seen and purchased. Bamma is a bit more conservative u know. My MPT Tune pulls alot harder than my Bamma. Reliability is about the same for both tho

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Which ones I don't want it to be too aggressive so no 4.10 or higher I was thinking 3.73 or 3.55 which do you think?
3.73's are the best from what everyone says. I had them and wanted more and went 4.10's lol

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Who really cares????

Mustang :good:
WRX :good: """WRX-STI""" much better.

What would "YOU" rather be seen in?

Which would you rather be sitting in your garage so you can get up in the middle of the night to just look at and admire? ( I do mine)

A lot of these import owners are a little (Lot) envious and sorry they bought the wrong car. A mustang has what we call American heritage and it goes all the way back to 1964.

Go to a car show or cruise-in and see the Mustangs, If he can get his WRX in it would not be much of a cruise-in/ show. Street rodders in Florida just don't allow imports unless they are really something very special. Corvettes "Yes" Mustangs "Yes"

Another thing, Just about every town in America has a Mustang club. Not "EVERY TOWN, But 90% of them. How many have an WRX club? I don't think a lot of WRX clubs are out there at all.

You really don't need to do a thing to your car. Just park next to him every place you go.

Ronnie

·
Registered
803 Posts
the mustang in the video has BBK Longtubes, O/R Xpipe, CAI, Tune, axle-back exhaust, LCA's.... says it about 4 comments down. Im going to say you need a Tune, Longtube headers and X pipe at least. he's going to pull away from you at the end of the 1/4 without the headers i think. If you do gears and tune then you might be able to get away from him in the start but that 4 wheel drive he has gives him the upper hand. Lower control arms help with traction a good bit too

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
In a drag race, if he actually launches it, you'll lose. Subarus aren't that face, but they're quick in the sprint cause they're AWD and can launch at high RPM with almost no wheel spin.

I don't see the point in modding to beat just one person. Just run them and enjoy the outcome, mod as you like. Remember though, he paid as much as a GT for an STi which doesnt perform near as good and has less power.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Which would you rather be sitting in your garage so you can get up in the middle of the night to just look at and admire? ( I do mine)

A lot of these import owners are a little (Lot) envious and sorry they bought the wrong car. A mustang has what we call American heritage and it goes all the way back to 1964.

Go to a car show or cruise-in and see the Mustangs, If he can get his WRX in it would not be much of a cruise-in/ show. Street rodders in Florida just don't allow imports unless they are really something very special. Corvettes "Yes" Mustangs "Yes"

Another thing, Just about every town in America has a Mustang club. Not "EVERY TOWN, But 90% of them. How many have an WRX club? I don't think a lot of WRX clubs are out there at all.

You really don't need to do a thing to your car. Just park next to him every place you go.

Ronnie
I completely agree with you on that one

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

In a drag race, if he actually launches it, you'll lose. Subarus aren't that face, but they're quick in the sprint cause they're AWD and can launch at high RPM with almost no wheel spin.

I don't see the point in modding to beat just one person. Just run them and enjoy the outcome, mod as you like. Remember though, he paid as much as a GT for an STi which doesnt perform near as good and has less power.
I was gonna mod up regardless but gonna do the mods a bit faster now lol I'm gonna go to the track soon once I get my intake and tune to see what numbers I'm putting up

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts

Ronnie
You hit too close to home Ronnie. My son owns a WRX. Beautiful car. He has poored his heart and sole into it, just like I have on my current Mustang. I feel like I started that spark in my sons love for his car by sharing my time with him and his rides when he first started driving. He now works at a body shop; great painter. Still has the WRX. I enjoy when he and his wife come over and we get to talk about our cars; my Mustang, his WRX. It's a great hobby, and I'm glad I can share it with my son. Nothing wrong with the competition between the makes; that's what makes this a great hobby or sport. But we have a common ground.

He can park his WRX next to my Mustang any time he likes. I'd be proud of that. If I had to choose to park at a Mustang lot at a show, or next to my sons car, you can bet it would be next to my son and his WRX. That bond will never break.

My oppoligies to the OP for taking this thread a bit off subject.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hi Bucko,

I guess what I really meant was just like you said.:
Nothing wrong with the competition between the makes; that's what makes this a great hobby
but a lot of people take it way to far and that takes all of the fun out of it. I personally love the WRX STI and when I hit the lotto I'm gonna buy one as well as a Mini John Cooper Works. A new Corvette too. A very large garage.ETC.

The OP is talking spending thousands of dollars to want to outrun this friend of his. I was just trying to say he did not need to do that. He should only be doing the stuff to his Mustang that he wants to, He should not worry about what car is faster. I'm positive that you are not going to spend money just to womp your son's WRX. Your son is not going to spend a ton of $$$ just to womp you.

A lot of my friends are Street rod owners so I know just what friendly "Ragging"all about. I also have a friend with a 650 HP Mazda RX7 that turned a 10.88 and is a street car. I belong to a Porsche Audi club and a was a member of a Corvette club and I have not seen anyone that really cares who's car was faster or better. Like you and your son, We all love our cars. I just would hate to see the OP spend all of his money on trying to get his 3.7 Mustang to beat that friends WRX. Then if he does beat the WRX all he will ever hear is" Well, He had to rebuild his whole car to beat me" He needs to just enjoy what he has, Mod it to what he wants and don't worry about the WRX.

Ronnie:good:

PS: PM me.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
I agree. However, ther will always be the "competition" factor, as to who's vehicle is better/faster. More with the young then us older folks.

Hopefully they will enjoy the sport, and in the long run, become a group of common enthusists. It's all good. Just keep the racing off the public streets, and keep everyone safe.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts