Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid question but just got a 2013 V6 Mustang and not if I should go ahead and start adding mods or wait a couple thousand miles for the engine to break in. I currently have about 700 miles on it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Rex said:
Even with just bolt ons and tuner?
Every dealer is different..I would call your dealer and ask them what mods would void your warranty. I have a tune, exhaust, intake and my dealer still does warranty work.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Mod it and drive it like you stole it! If you treat it like a cherry now, it will grow up to be a " LEMON".

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yea right! Im doing the cai, exhaust and tuner first
You're gonna love the increased HP, sound and response of her :good:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
My opinion

I put my Magnaflow street axlebacks and a K&N drop in filter in the first week I had my brand spanking new 3.7.

The second week I headed up to Media Pa. from Daytona to the American Muscle all Mustang show. By the third week I had 2,500 miles on my car. I drove it like it was already broke in and I have no problems at all. I had the oil & filter changed at 3,500 miles with the complete dealer inspection. No problems found at all.

If your talking Exhaust and Air cleaner I'm sure you will not have a warranty problem but I do not think doing custom tune is a wise thing to do for at least 10 or 15 thousand miles or more.

Of course it is up to your dealer what you can do so just ask and see what they say about exhaust and CAI.

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Guys, why do you care about a precious warranty? In my opinion go ahead and mod it. The GT owners don't give a damn about this "warranty" I've noticed. Some have even bolted on CAI and exhaust the first day. If something hasn't snapped, broke, or gave you problems by at least 1,000 miles, you're all gravy bud.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Guys, why do you care about a precious warranty? In my opinion go ahead and mod it. The GT owners don't give a damn about this "warranty" I've noticed. Some have even bolted on CAI and exhaust the first day. If something hasn't snapped, broke, or gave you problems by at least 1,000 miles, you're all gravy bud.
I love the idea of instantly modding but if u break it, you are sol. I think it just boils down to affordability. If you can afford to fix what might tear up then mod it to no end.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I love the idea of instantly modding but if u break it, you are sol. I think it just boils down to affordability. If you can afford to fix what might tear up then mod it to no end.
+1

In any hobby the folks that can afford to break things are the ones at the edge of the envelope. Why do you think those 12 year old R/C Heli pilots can do such super 3D moves? Because when they crash their Dad buys them a new one. I can't do such great moves, cause when I crash, it costs me hundreds . That holds one back thinking: "Can I afford this maneuver? "

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I can't afford it if it breaks but, simple bolt ons, come on man. when's the last cold air intake cause an engine to blow? We aren't talking forced induction yet :) I haven't had a warranty in over 25,000 miles. I'm still doing good

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

+1

In any hobby the folks that can afford to break things are the ones at the edge of the envelope. Why do you think those 12 year old R/C Heli pilots can do such super 3D moves? Because when they crash their Dad buys them a new one. I can't do such great moves, cause when I crash, it costs me hundreds . That holds one back thinking: "Can I afford this maneuver? "
Like I thought my front end could handle the back end of a truck. 4,000 in damage. I don't have 4k sitting, so I paid my deductible and got insurance. Which takes forever :/ Just relating.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I can't afford it if it breaks but, simple bolt ons, come on man. when's the last cold air intake cause an engine to blow? We aren't talking forced induction yet :) I haven't had a warranty in over 25,000 miles. I'm still doing good

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Like I thought my front end could handle the back end of a truck. 4,000 in damage. I don't have 4k sitting, so I paid my deductible and got insurance. Which takes forever :/ Just relating.
Idk about for your car but for mine, a cai required a tune. An improper tune can most certainly cause engine failure. If you can afford to chance it, I say pour it to it.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Idk about for your car but for mine, a cai required a tune. An improper tune can most certainly cause engine failure. If you can afford to chance it, I say pour it to it.
Bama does an amazing job with a success rate of (in my opinion) 99%. My car is bone stock except all the appearance stuff. It's out of warranty and that doesn't bother me a bit. I'm upgrading all that after my exhaust. For now, straight pipe, no cats :)

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Bama does an amazing job with a success rate of (in my opinion) 99%. My car is bone stock except all the appearance stuff. It's out of warranty and that doesn't bother me a bit. I'm upgrading all that after my exhaust. For now, straight pipe, no cats :)
Bama does my tunes. They are amazing. Great people. Everything I've ever bought for both mustangs came from them.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Bama does my tunes. They are amazing. Great people. Everything I've ever bought for both mustangs came from them.
That's my plan as well. Awhile back they had a bump with the tuners but once they updated the software so its all gravy :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts