Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add another bolt on, I already have a tune, CAI, 410s and off road Xpipe

I have a bunch of other non horsepower adding mods, but I'm looking for something relatively cheap that's adds a few horses and shaves a tenth or 2 in the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
309 Posts
Save another couple hundred for LT's. TB or UDP'S aren't worth it yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
LTs are not worth the money unless you have FI or you just want sound. UDPs are about your only option for a power adder under 500. Or CMDPs but thats all top end.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Get an MGW short throw shifter, best short throw shifter on the market and its only $260. It will give you better and quicker shifts at the track to reduce that time.

·
Banned
510 Posts
MavyMav said:
LTs are not worth the money unless you have FI or you just want sound. UDPs are about your only option for a power adder under 500. Or CMDPs but thats all top end.
Tell us more about how long tubes are not worth the money and how UDPs are power adders lmao. What ****** gave you all that glorious misinformation? Lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
muscledom said:
Tell us more about how long tubes are not worth the money and how UDPs are power adders lmao. What ****** gave you all that glorious misinformation? Lol
Long tubes yield a NA motor 15-20hp for around 700-1000 for a decent setup. UDPs free up power. Maybe 5-10 but only cost 100-150 bucks. Obviously you must have been misinformed.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm getting longtubes and cams but that's tax return time, Throttle body idk, but the CMDPs sound like a good idea since I already have a strong low end

·
Registered
158 Posts
TBs are the same way. Unless your a pushing a lot of air they are not worth the HP per dollar unless you are running FI.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

BaSohol said:
I'm getting longtubes and cams but that's tax return time, Throttle body idk, but the CMDPs sound like a good idea since I already have a strong low end
Good choice. Just have Brenspeed rewrite the tune. This is also my next mod choice as I have the same mods as you. Minus the drag radials lol.

Also are you going with Rockers?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I need that extra power in 3rd gear pulls on the highway

·
Banned
510 Posts
MavyMav said:
Long tubes yield a NA motor 15-20hp for around 700-1000 for a decent setup. UDPs free up power. Maybe 5-10 but only cost 100-150 bucks. Obviously you must have been misinformed.
I think you're reading the wrong magazine buddy. You're not gonna find much good info on mustangs in Vogue. So how much power did your pullies free up when you were dynoed?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Headers are good for 20 rwhp but I don't have the time to install them anytime soon and emission testing is coming up, so it's a winter project

And ya ill be going with the brenspeed cams

·
Registered
158 Posts
muscledom said:
I think you're reading the wrong magazine buddy. You're not gonna find much good info on mustangs in Vogue. So how much power did your pullies free up when you were dynoed?
Have not dynoed yet. Im glad we have comedians on this forum though. I don't look in magazines JUST for mod help. I really REALLY like the pictures. :)

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

BaSohol said:
Headers are good for 20 rwhp but I don't have the time to install them anytime soon and emission testing is coming up, so it's a winter project

And ya ill be going with the brenspeed cams
Agreed. LTs are good for that and if you have the money go for it. I wish I can afford them now but gotta wait till spring for the tax return.
Hell BaSohol, for 500 you can do the CMDPs and the UDPs.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have some up for sale $50

Cmdp is a nice little mod for cheap... speed picks up much quicker than stock once you hit 4k rpms

Long tubes add a good amount of power... whoever said they are not worth it in comparison w pullies... I guess I see your point to a degree, but I have every bolt on and did them separately from each other... so I know what helped w what and what added and what did not... my opinion on the following bolt ons:

*cai / bama tune: was not night and day like everyone says... but it was a great acceleration mod (top end )

*cmdp: cool for added sound, acceleration was increased at higher rpms

*Tb: super cool for sound made a whistling sound every time you blip the throttle, throttle response slightly increased (depending on supporting mods or lack of can also decrese gains) and it also looks great under Hood

*Long tubes: great sound, great looking, full power band gains

*pullies: difficult install, looks good, too much risk of charging issues that out ways the performance gains

*Tune: I have 93 race bama tune, I'm not happy w it I think it's too generic and car just does not seem to perform the way it should based on other less modded cars I've been in that had dyno tunes

*borla stingers: I'm not fond of the sound however I had two chamber magnaflows prior and the borlas seem to make the car perform much much better... I guess my car was being choked up by the two chambered mufflers???

*off road mid pipe: great sound, pita come inspection time, full power band gain, although its just a slight increase in speed throughout each gear if that makes sense

*Gears: depending on what you go to and what you started with THAT is one mod I can whole heartedly say makes the car feel like a whole new car

*Tremec trans: based on previous stangs one of my favorite mods due to gear change feel and better gearing for faster acceleration

*Aluminum ds: again based on previous stangs another fav due to similar results as trans

Same goes for clutch, fly wheel

Sigh I hate typing and I know 90% of you are not going to read this... oh well

Mr.Chicago if you have $500 and are looking to increase your et I would suggest focus on other mods that help achieve your goal such as lca, uca, drag springs, drag shocks n struts, sway bar delete, light weight front sway bar delete, rear seat delete, ect hp does not equate to speed... is a combination of everything together and everything is balanced

·
Registered
660 Posts
Silversky545 said:
I have some up for sale $50

Cmdp is a nice little mod for cheap... speed picks up much quicker than stock once you hit 4k rpms

Long tubes add a good amount of power... whoever said they are not worth it in comparison w pullies... I guess I see your point to a degree, but I have every bolt on and did them separately from each other... so I know what helped w what and what added and what did not... my opinion on the following bolt ons:

*cai / bama tune: was not night and day like everyone says... but it was a great acceleration mod (top end )

*cmdp: cool for added sound, acceleration was increased at higher rpms

*Tb: super cool for sound made a whistling sound every time you blip the throttle, throttle response slightly increased (depending on supporting mods or lack of can also decrese gains) and it also looks great under Hood

*Long tubes: great sound, great looking, full power band gains

*pullies: difficult install, looks good, too much risk of charging issues that out ways the performance gains

*Tune: I have 93 race bama tune, I'm not happy w it I think it's too generic and car just does not seem to perform the way it should based on other less modded cars I've been in that had dyno tunes

*borla stingers: I'm not fond of the sound however I had two chamber magnaflows prior and the borlas seem to make the car perform much much better... I guess my car was being choked up by the two chambered mufflers???

*off road mid pipe: great sound, pita come inspection time, full power band gain, although its just a slight increase in speed throughout each gear if that makes sense

*Gears: depending on what you go to and what you started with THAT is one mod I can whole heartedly say makes the car feel like a whole new car

*Tremec trans: based on previous stangs one of my favorite mods due to gear change feel and better gearing for faster acceleration

*Aluminum ds: again based on previous stangs another fav due to similar results as trans

Same goes for clutch, fly wheel

Sigh I hate typing and I know 90% of you are not going to read this... oh well

Mr.Chicago if you have $500 and are looking to increase your et I would suggest focus on other mods that help achieve your goal such as lca, uca, drag springs, drag shocks n struts, sway bar delete, light weight front sway bar delete, rear seat delete, ect hp does not equate to speed... is a combination of everything together and everything is balanced
Sorry but you said you have some for sale for $50, were you talking about headers?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Long tubes are way worth it!!! The pull I have in third is way worth 4.5 hours under the car!!! Granted the pull is up in the rpms, isnt that we're you are in 1/4 mile pulls?! No I don't have times but from stock I don't think pulleys can give you that pull!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts