Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I refuse to drop $10,000 for a SC for an increase of only up to 100hp on stock internals.

Car already has:
Steeda UD pulleys
Charge motion delete plates
Steeda Cai & tune
Steeda cam(very mild)
4.10s

Wanting to add
Ford Racing intake plenum
Gt500 tb
Comp cams
LT headers

Would this make any kind of power gains?

Anyone familiar with the SteedaQ350 build?
Maybe I should give Steeda a call and figure out if it would be worth the investment

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10, 000 what sc was you getting. Man thats a lot of dough.
Roush R2300 dual belt Phase2. That's a complete kit, install, tune

But I'm not wanting to do it cause I don't like someone telling me that my stock block can handle up to 550-600hp when I've seen much different #s on ME. So I don't wanna go thru with it and end up turning my motor into scrap metal

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

10, 000 what sc was you getting. Man thats a lot of dough.
What I'm wanting to do:
I want peak performance out of my stock block without FI.
FI can easily blow my block to smitherines. Yes I can get the Roush charger and be set up for more power if I ever do forged internals. But I'm not looking to do all that.
I'd rather get peak gains without FI. Just not sure where to turn to to get it

·
Registered
653 Posts
So I refuse to drop $10,000 for a SC for an increase of only up to 100hp on stock internals.

Car already has:
Steeda UD pulleys
Charge motion delete plates
Steeda Cai & tune
Steeda cam(very mild)
4.10s

Wanting to add
Ford Racing intake plenum
Gt500 tb
Comp cams
LT headers

Would this make any kind of power gains?

Anyone familiar with the SteedaQ350 build?
Maybe I should give Steeda a call and figure out if it would be worth the investment
I think your "wanting to add" list sounds good! That will wake her up for sure!!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think your "wanting to add" list sounds good! That will wake her up for sure!!!
Lol she's already awake, I just want her to be wide eyed.
Wanna get the most gains without FI.
And since I don't know the exact cam that Steeda put in(so getting a tuner would be a headache) and I want a heavier lope, i wanna put comp cams in. That way I know everything that's been done. Make life easier

·
Registered
658 Posts
Lol she's already awake, I just want her to be wide eyed.
Wanna get the most gains without FI.
And since I don't know the exact cam that Steeda put in(so getting a tuner would be a headache) and I want a heavier lope, i wanna put comp cams in. That way I know everything that's been done. Make life easier
Does the steeda cam make any difference in sound? Also whats the power like with them?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the steeda cam make any difference in sound? Also whats the power like with them?
Definitely makes a different sound.
I'm not sure about the power they added. The car was built like I have it. So never experienced it without them. And the 09 I had previous to the Steeda had a ford racing crate motor built with mothathumper cams. So I've never driven a mustang without cams added

Trying to get my video so you can here it

·
Registered
672 Posts
550-600 hp would make me nervous on the stock internals. Even if Roush guarantees it, that's still a lot of stress on the stock motor.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
550-600 hp would make me nervous on the stock internals. Even if Roush guarantees it, that's still a lot of stress on the stock motor.
Yeah that's why I'm gonna opt out of it. It's the only Mustang performance shop I know of around Baton Rouge too.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/pXjJXDVsrk4

This is what she sounds like.
Yes I ride 2nd gear at times lol. It'll smoke my tires off if I don't. I already have new tires on the way

http://youtu.be/HeKbiA_uVS4
At idle

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah that's why I'm gonna opt out of it. It's the only Mustang performance shop I know of around Baton Rouge too.
They don't offer any of the other Roush systems? I know they have a system for like $4k or so that will bump it up to like 480 hp or something like that.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They don't offer any of the other Roush systems? I know they have a system for like $4k or so that will bump it up to like 480 hp or something like that.
Yeah the m90

The 09 I had just before the Steeda, would blow the doors off my steed. The whole car would rock when you hit the gas at idle. And it was all motor with no supercharger.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All motor is where it's at..
+1
I feel that's where you get the best solid torque

As far as forged internals, what are the gains with them besides having forged internals? Lol and being capable of handling more power?

Part for part, are there any gains?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
+1
I feel that's where you get the best solid torque

As far as forged internals, what are the gains with them besides having forged internals? Lol and being capable of handling more power?

Part for part, are there any gains?
Forged internals WILL cost you THOUSANDS.

Also, a SC won't get you 100 HP on the stock limits because that is vs stock, you'd see a 60-70 HP increase. Doesn't have to be 10k by the way. Modding past mid 12s is $$$$$

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forged internals WILL cost you THOUSANDS.

Also, a SC won't get you 100 HP on the stock limits because that is vs stock, you'd see a 60-70 HP increase. Doesn't have to be 10k by the way. Modding past mid 12s is $$$$$
I haven't tracked my car yet. But it was tested and tuned at 12.7. And said I could see 12.3 on a clear cool night.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Don't waste your money on comp cams, atleast not the mutha thumpas! Those are garbage

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I haven't tracked my car yet. But it was tested and tuned at 12.7. And said I could see 12.3 on a clear cool night.
I have more mods than you, ripping great launches, I can GUARANTEE WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that you will NEVER SEE 12.3 as it stands, even in Alaska.

If you had SLICKS, not drag radials or street tires, you MIIIIIGGGHHTT get close with a 1.5 60' time.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have more mods than you, ripping great launches, I can GUARANTEE WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that you will NEVER SEE 12.3 as it stands, even in Alaska.

If you had SLICKS, not drag radials or street tires, you MIIIIIGGGHHTT get close with a 1.5 60' time.[/

I'll call Steeda and tell them they are a bunch of liars then lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

If you had SLICKS, not drag radials or street tires, you MIIIIIGGGHHTT get close with a 1.5 60' time.[/

I'll call Steeda and tell them they are a bunch of liars then lol
They are not liars, they are salesman, oh wait hehe.

An estimated time is about as useful as a button up tank top.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol
Well I'm not looking to lower track times. I don't track my car. I'm just looking fill my need for adrenaline

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.