Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my 02 gt I have k&n intake, bbk shorty header, bbk x pipe, flow master exhaust, 3.73 gears, coils, and 100 dry shot nos. I just order a pulley set and had questions about what next. What size throttle body? I was looking at AM's bbk 78 combo with the upper. And then I was thinking injectors maybe?? Short shifter??? Opinions???

·
Registered
559 Posts
Without FI, 70mm is as big as you should go. A 78mm will work but I've seen where on N/A motors, you get more gain from the 70 than the 78. If you plan on getting a blower in the near future, then I'd go ahead with a 75-78mm

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

And as far as the shifter goes, there are lots of threads on them you can search for, most will say MGW or steeda tri axe. I personally have the tri axe. Very nice and precise, mechanical feeling.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But with all the stuff done plus that 100 shot of nos wouldn't 70 be too small? And it's cheaper if I do the 78 combo bbk :/ how much more gain would I get by doing 70 over 78?

·
Registered
559 Posts
But with all the stuff done plus that 100 shot of nos wouldn't 70 be too small? And it's cheaper if I do the 78 combo bbk :/ how much more gain would I get by doing 70 over 78?
It's not a significant difference I don't think, and I didn't think about the nitrous. A 78 would probably work fine, I'm going with the accufab 70 mm tb and plenum combo though. It's a little more expensive, but it's the prettiest and has probably the best rep of any I've read about.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without FI, 70mm is as big as you should go. A 78mm will work but I've seen where on N/A motors, you get more gain from the 70 than the 78. If you plan on getting a blower in the near future, then I'd go ahead with a 75-78mm

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

And as far as the shifter goes, there are lots of threads on them you can search for, most will say MGW or steeda tri axe. I personally have the tri axe. Very nice and precise, mechanical feeling.
So it's worth the extra $60 for steeda rather than getting the SR short throw?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

It's not a significant difference I don't think, and I didn't think about the nitrous. A 78 would probably work fine, I'm going with the accufab 70 mm tb and plenum combo though. It's a little more expensive, but it's the prettiest and has probably the best rep of any I've read about.
Ok cool yeah I want the accufab but it's a little out of my price range. Thank you for all your help. You have any opinions on injectors?

·
Registered
559 Posts
So it's worth the extra $60 for steeda rather than getting the SR short throw?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Ok cool yeah I want the accufab but it's a little out of my price range. Thank you for all your help. You have any opinions on injectors?
I've never used an sr shifter, but I can tell you first hand the steeda is awesome.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
And I can tell you MGW is awesomesauce first hand

·
Registered
704 Posts
http://www.Mgwltd.com

Hands down, the best shifter out there. The quality is miles past the billet xerox copy factory shifter style of the other shifters like Pro-50 and Steeda. All they did was take the exact factory shifter, beef up the metal, raise the fulcrum a tiny bit, and slap a decal or engraving on it. MGW is an entirely unique design and it is AMAZING.

·
Registered
218 Posts
http://www.Mgwltd.com

Hands down, the best shifter out there. The quality is miles past the billet xerox copy factory shifter style of the other shifters like Pro-50 and Steeda. All they did was take the exact factory shifter, beef up the metal, raise the fulcrum a tiny bit, and slap a decal or engraving on it. MGW is an entirely unique design and it is AMAZING.
+111 very nice shifter, you won't be disappointed with the MGW.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Agreed...MGW all the way..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts