Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
jdavis96gt said:
Hair dryer to dry it out. Seal up cracks with clear silicone. Its common for aftermarket headlights.
+1! Had the same problem with after market halos on my jeep, I let them dry out then took silicone and sealed any crack I saw. Haven't had a problem since! Great solution

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Once it leaks there is no stoping it, unless u replace it.

Mine leaked in my blazer, little bit of silicone and no problems yet. Its been almost 5 years. Most silicone lasts 10 years, if not longer.
There's another thread called "condensation " read it.

Best kind of silicone is Geocel.

·
Registered
964 Posts
So what did end up doing to fix it. Had this problem a few months ago and used a hair drier . It worked but left hard water spots on the inside That bothers me ....
But today it i have moisture in one light again ..
Guess ill take em out take the housing apart wipe the inside and seal it up ....

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what did end up doing to fix it. Had this problem a few months ago and used a hair drier . It worked but left hard water spots on the inside That bothers me ....
But today it i have moisture in one light again ..
Guess ill take em out take the housing apart wipe the inside and seal it up ....

Like yours, I got some hard water spots on both headlights. I ended up getting a new pair. Bothered me that much. Lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
Faststallion98 said:
I have had this problem many times on different cars and I put small drain holes in the bottom of the housing and its takin care of
+1 drill a tiny hole in the bottom, you will never see any water in it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think I'm going to take them out and take them apart to clean the inside and get rid of the water spots . While doing it though I may put some oricle halos in it .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts