Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advise/tricks to removing and installing window trim molding. I bought the inner and outer molding (dew wipe) for my 87 convertible and I'm having issues removing the old pieces and trouble finding the replacement hardware for the new pieces. Thanks!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Does anyone have any advise/tricks to removing and installing window trim molding. I bought the inner and outer molding (dew wipe) for my 87 convertible and I'm having issues removing the old pieces and trouble finding the replacement hardware for the new pieces. Thanks!
+1 I need to do this too, once I find money... let me know how it goes and put up pics if you can please!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out it pretty easy. You need a rivet tool, 1/8" rivets to install the new molding. You need to drill out the old rivets to get the old molding off. Whole project including molding is less than $100...the rivet tool cost me about $20 and

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Foxbody87 said:
Turns out it pretty easy. You need a rivet tool, 1/8" rivets to install the new molding. You need to drill out the old rivets to get the old molding off. Whole project including molding is less than $100...the rivet tool cost me about $20 and
I need to do this as well...where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't done this piece yet. I'm working on the quarter window first then I'll move to the door molding.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Goto late model restoration. There are a lot of videos and how to do all this.

You tube as well. Search late model restoration. Very helpful. Im doing all my weatherstripping and moldings on my 90.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts