Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a chance to grab some momo corse wheels 18x7.5 for $200. Awesome looking wheels and decent for the price. Right now I have the 18's on my GT but looking for something other than stock. These have a 6 inch backspacing not sure what stock is either. But my main question is what size tire is best with these wheels? I have searched but haven't seen anything recent. What also is the max width you guys would go with tires and still be in that safe region?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 7.5 inch wide wheel is a little narrow.
thats what I was thinking as well. It is the only thing holding me back from getting them. maybe I should wait and see what else comes up around here. In college on a budget lol

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The middle of yours plasti dipped would look good

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'm just guessing you have 8 inch wide wheels now, so you would be downgrading from a handling standpoint.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The middle of yours plasti dipped would look good
I plan to plasti dip the entire wheel after I get new tires! whenever my taxes come in!

I'm just guessing you have 8 inch wide wheels now, so you would be downgrading from a handling standpoint.
Yes you are right, thats why I didn't just get them and not like them or downgrade. I figured since I was going to a narrower wheel I would be doing more harm then good from a performance/handling stand point. I won't lose sleep over it if I do not get them haha.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Are you lowered yet? Dropping the stance really changes the look also. Not to mention the handling benefits.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you lowered yet? Dropping the stance really changes the look also. Not to mention the handling benefits.
I haven't gotten to lowering it yet, I plan to within the next few weeks or so. I am already in the midst of fabricating adjustable lower control arms for it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like this
I do like that! It's different. But I pretty dead set on doing them completely black. I have always been intrigued to black rims lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts