Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my 2013 V6 coupe by 1 inch at the front and back, In addition I was hoping to create a more comfortable/softer, less noisy ride. I can just hear most Stang drivers saying why the hell do you want a more comfortable/softer ride. The reason is because the previous vehicles (Nissan Maxima - 2 different models, BMW 325) I have driven in the past had softer, quieter rides. Can the indicated changes (1 inch lowering, and more comfortable/softer/quieter) be accomplished? If so with what parts. Thanks for your time and reply.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Your tires must have gone to crap. As far as 'road noise', my Mustang is one of the most quiet cars I have ever been in. I lowered with Steeda Sports springs. The one they make just for the v6 Mustang. I think you are expecting too much on how soft you want your Mustang to ride. If your all factory now, that's the softest ride you will ever have :)

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I doubt you'll find what you want. oem is high and soft.....anything lower gives you less room to absorb bumps.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mustang were not built (and are not purchased) to be quiet.

Instagram: workshardplayshard

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
If you install a shorter shock you can lower without losing any suspension travel, which will let you have a soft ride while lowered. The tricky part there is finding the appropriate spring to pair with the shorter shock body, while having the appropriate spring rate for what you want. What you want is possible, but it is not going to be cheap, something to the order of $800-$1000 to do it "right."

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. What I am definitely dissatisfied with is when I go over speed bumps, significant uneven roads, or up/down my driveway which is fairly steep I get a rather loud crunching like noise from the front suspension. It has been that way since day 1 so I do not think anything is wrong with the suspension parts. In your opinion is there a better setup that would eliminate such noise.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Lower control arms? I had mine replace when the car was a month old due to similar noises. There is a tsb.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Lower control arms? I had mine replace when the car was a month old due to similar noises. There is a tsb.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Agree.^^^^^

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Technical service bulletin. The lower control arm issue is a pretty well documented issue, and has to do with the hydra bushing making the clunks and creeks that come from the from end. Mine was so bad that any amount of suspension travel whould produce terrible clunking and creeking. Im sure if you google "mustang lower control arm tsb number" it will pop up and look something like 11-07-8. You can then provide your dealer the number and have them verify the issue.
A tsb is something that ford motor co is aware of and makes that info available for all the dealers to look at, and if needed replaced under warranty.
Hope this helps.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FastFord13,

I had my ride's front control arms and missing heat shields replaced this past Monday under warranty with no noticeable change in the noise coming from the front end. I guess I will just have to live with such???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Voltwings I would have to agree with you and what is frustrating is the fact that the service advisor indicated that the bushings were showing excessive signs or wear and drying out due to the lack of heat shields initially being installed on my ride. I have an extended warranty through my previous insurance company USAA that most likely would have covered replacing the bushings. Service advisor and service tech are off today so I need to follow up with them tomorrow and perhaps bring my ride back in when the driver side airbag recall parts arrive.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I hope they get it figured out for you.
Volt knows more then any service tech Ive ever had to deal with and will always provide top notch info!

Nice to see you pop up again Volt!

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I hope they get it figured out for you.
Volt knows more then any service tech Ive ever had to deal with and will always provide top notch info!

Nice to see you pop up again Volt!

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
I appreciate the kind words. It's been a hell of a semester so far, but i'm getting through it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts