Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody! Im the new guy. I wanna put 3.90s in my 2000 V6 mustang. Should i feel much of a difference? I run a 15.5 now. What shouldi run with gears?

Is the t-loc the same thing as a posi-traction control unit?

Did yall get the fordchip from fordchip.com (should i trust them?)

What is the purpose of the chip?

I need an answer quick cause i wanna hurry and order this stuff and get it installed ASAP, you know what i mean?

·
Registered
941 Posts
EcalevolBK said:
Anybody! Im the new guy. I wanna put 3.90s in my 2000 V6 mustang. Should i feel much of a difference? I run a 15.5 now. What shouldi run with gears?
Ford Motorsport doesn't make 3.90's, but 3.89's are available. However, most would say stick with Ford because their gears are proven. With 3.73's you'd run about 15.0, maybe even break into 14's.

EcalevolBK said:
Is the t-loc the same thing as a posi-traction control unit?
yes.

EcalevolBK said:
Did yall get the fordchip from fordchip.com (should i trust them?)?
yes they are trust worthy. pete campbell and jerry run it. there have been past problems of slow shipments of mail order chips, but they are reguarded as the best in the biz.

EcalevolBK said:
What is the purpose of the chip?
tune for performance (you can run 91 octane to take advantange, adv. timing, remove speed limiter, move rev limiter, calibrate for new gears.

EcalevolBK said:
I need an answer quick cause i wanna hurry and order this stuff and get it installed ASAP, you know what i mean?
are you 5spd or auto?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
there are no 3.90s for the 7.5 rear end. you have to get an 8.8 and they do make 3.90s... i almost put them in my 8.8 before i got the 4.10s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 5-speed. as far as i know it is a 8.8 rear in the 2000 mustang. can anybody back me up on this?? there are 3.90s made now, they are a new product and they were pointed out to me by a richmond ford mechanic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what speed do you top out at with the 4.10s?? which chip do yall recommend (f1,f2,f3,f4)?? will it recalibrate my speedometer?

·
Registered
941 Posts
if it's a stock v6 it has a 7.5 rear end.

a speedcal for 90 bucks will recalibrate your speedo.
the chip is expensive, but you can get just an f1 to fix the limiters and speedo. the speedcal is also adjustable for different diameter tires or different gears.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
your v6 is 7.5... the only 8.8s were in V8s

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
does someone hear an echo in here? i've heard two of them in this thread alone. :p
first one i had to correct you, then the second one i was just confirming so he knew you werent wrong again :D j/k (oh, and the second, i threw in a couple extra bits of info you didnt say... just to help clarify ;) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts