Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2003 v6 mustang, my first domestic(dun dun dun) and i have a few noob questions about my exhaust options. ive been reading posts on here, but i wanted to ask my own specific questions.

first off, a friend sent me a link to a video on here of a green v6 with dual exhaust that sounded great, and that sparked my interest for a new exhaust. i dont really plan on doing alot of modding on this car, simply because i do not plan on keeping it long enough to get my moneys worth.

my budget is fairly tight, being a college student. I know i want dual exhaust, thats about as far as ive gotten. My first question is if i should use the y-pipe, or get an h/x pipe(probably h-pipe, how $ do they run). My second question is what kind of mufflers i should use. i was originally plannin on 40 series flows, but there are so many other options i want a good rumble, nothing ricey or whiney.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
567 Posts
my vid is being whored around the intarweb

:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is that your car?? sounds good, what setup?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also, how much sound quality would i sacrifice if i cut my y pipe??

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
anything larger than 2.25 would be overkill, esp for you.

You don't want the y pipe, those are "fake" duals. You either want pipes runnin straight back, an X, or an H pipe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmmm.....thanks for answering some of my exhaust questions.

One more.

If I were to have an exhaust shop make me an x-pipe and install say, a Flowmaster dual exhuast or another kit, could I take off the mufflers that came with it and put some Flowtech Warlocks on instead?

Sorry for the n00b question, this is my first domestic too, never had the chance to run a true dual exhaust before.....it's exciting.

We don't have emissions testing in Indiana, so I plan to go all-out.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
In that situation You should look into getting GT take off exhaust, you can usually find them on ebay or forsale sections on some fourms, So you can take that to the shop, have them make an x pipe for example, install the GT duals, then change out the mufflers later. instead of spending about $300 or so on a kit, then buying mufflers on top of that.

for example GT takeoffs http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=7924239432&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Yeah, thats prolly a good idea. Thanks.

Anyone idea on how good stock headers, an x-pipe with no cats and a Flowtech Warlock exhuast on GT take-offs would sound?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what does a gt take off exhaust sound like compared to other cat backs(mac, etc). anyone know where i can hear sound clips?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
BuddyLee said:
what does a gt take off exhaust sound like compared to other cat backs(mac, etc). anyone know where i can hear sound clips?
pm Zimstang on here.

He has that set up and exhaust clips he can send you

·
Registered
176 Posts
cake or death...where did you get those headlights from?

·
Registered
176 Posts
nevermind pm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts