Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed the Moroso oil catch can on the passengers side. Install was pretty easy, hardest part was attaching supplied hose to fittings. Instructions were spot on and all fittings and pieces were well engineered and fit and finish is perfect. Install requires removing original line and re-using OEM connections.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So I just installed the Moroso oil catch can on the passengers side. Install was pretty easy, hardest part was attaching supplied hose to fittings. Instructions were spot on and all fittings and pieces were well engineered and fit and finish is perfect. Install requires removing original line and re-using OEM connections.
Looks clean. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
How much was it? I put the JTL Oil Separator on for $119.99. Took it off at slightly over 1,000 miles. I found just about 1/8 in oil.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
How did you reuse the stock connectors?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much was it? I put the JTL Oil Separator on for $119.99. Took it off at slightly over 1,000 miles. I found just about 1/8 in oil.
I prefer to buy at local shops. GTR in Rancho Cucamonga priced it the same as AM.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you reuse the stock connectors?
The stock piece is made of lightweight PVC, I just cut the 90 degree connectors out with a razor and attached to supplied hose from Moroso. All in all about 30 minutes because you have to remove strut tower bar, attach bracket, cut hose etc. I just preferred the look and design of this over JLT, I don't think either does more or less than the other.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Looks clean. Nice job.
Thanks!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just ordered a pair of new fittings from Ford, so I still have the stock line just in case. The Moroso is about $20-ish more than the JLT. I checked mine after a couple of thousand miles & there is some oil in there, so it's working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts