Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a generic x-pipe with a resonator with no cats and flow master 40's with stock headers!

It just sounds loud to me. Ima post a vid of the sound later. I want it to be more aggressive sounding. What's the best combo for me to go with to make it aggressive and not just plain loud.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Honestly, if you want that deeper mean sound swap to a offroad H pipe. The X is a little raspy and is maybe a little louder, but for that deep bellow that pisses off your neighbours and howls on the road, get the offroad H. I'm a huge fan of the jba ss o/r H with a flowmaster original or super 40/44. Very good quality and very good fitment with better than stock ground clearance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Love the rumble my borla stingers give in combination with my o/r x
The 3 chamber mufflers are a bit more restrictive but it sounds just delightful
I must say I've always been curious how they would sound with an o/r h though

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love the rumble my borla stingers give in combination with my o/r x
The 3 chamber mufflers are a bit more restrictive but it sounds just delightful
I must say I've always been curious how they would sound with an o/r h though
I agree about the stingers. I've never been a fan of flow master Becuase I live in Alabama where flow masters are put on everything. So I was thinking about some stinger exhaust. My main complaint is my x pipe. Sine it's all rusty looking under the chassis and bumps up agianst the underside making rattling noises. It's been very irritating.. I mean it doesn't sound bad atall.. I've gotten many compliments (and even more complaints) about it. It's just the no brand name exhaust that I bought the car with is just not right for the car.

Now that's out and y'all have given me ideas for main pipes. How about headers?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've been looking at a video on YouTube. One of the best sounds I've heard and most aggressive is Mac o/r prochamber with borlas. Any of the o/r prochamber combos are the best to me.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,210 Posts
Try searching on YouTube for an off road H pipe with Magnaflow Magnapacks. That should get you what your looking for. :good:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm running stock manifolds, Mac Prochamber and no mufflers right now. It sounds nasty aggressive and everyone gives me nothing but compliments. Nobody likes to play with me anymore though ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I was really skeptical about the whole no mufflers thing but it sounds great so I'm happy :)
Does your exhaust build have cats?

And I just made my vid. Ima put it up in a bit!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts