Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into upgrading some stuff on my car (obviously)
It's either some 4.10 gears and a programmer...
Offroad x-pipe and some sort of catback exhaust....
CAI and the same programmer...
anything i do will be the first of many changes I do, but I gotta start somewhere so with that, what should I do first?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gears and tune, but that xpipe and catback will make you're car sound nice
thats what I figured. The exhaust can wait, I'd like the quick and easy performance gain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4.10's the mpg doesnt matter too much. so im going all the way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only issue I have trying to install them myself is that I don't have a lift. I did my exaust myself and it took forever trying to use 2 jackstands and the jack itself. Most places say about 2-3 hundred dollars for install total. Kills ms but is that reasonable?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think 200-300 is good. I have herd of people paying up to 500. I would jump on 200 all day but you have to ask if that price is with bearings, shims, oil, ext.... That will also decide if you need to buy that complete installation kit as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think 200-300 is good. I have herd of people paying up to 500. I would jump on 200 all day but you have to ask if that price is with bearings, shims, oil, ext.... That will also decide if you need to buy that complete installation kit as well.
The package is from American muscle, it's the 4.10 gears and a Bama programmer. It appears to come with all the parts needed for a whole reconstruction. So I'm thinking $300? For install.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
rebeltx said:
Wtf??? My friend paid 150 flat at our local performance shop?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts