Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned my 2013 v6 for about a year and currently have a few mods (listed below) however, just like everyone else I still desire more power. What mods are best for adding power while remaining low cost (cheap turbo kits, nitrous, intake manifolds etc)?
my mods:
-pypes high flow performance exhaust
-BBK CAI
Thanks

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Short tube Headers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
MPT Tune
Shorty Headers
GT Throttle Body
Airaid Modular Intake Tube
AFE Inverted cone filter
Gears

·
Registered
168 Posts
How do you get a gt throttle body on a v6 I thought they don’t fit
I drilled out the holes to allow it to fit and I removed the top fins in the intake manifold. Someone on Facebook is making an adapter for the GT Throttle Body for $40.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Why shorties over long tube headers
Long tubes are great if you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time and like Raspy exhaust. Plus no matter what anyone tells you there are not legal long tubes, once you have to move the Catalytic Converters it is illegal for use on the Public road, that is Federal Law and has nothing to do with my state does not have emissions. It is illegal to sell a car with modified Emissions in the US also. In other words someone that buys it and moves to state that has emissions they come back on you on it is up to a $25,000 fine.
So there is no way in God's green earth I would ever tell someone to run long tubes, Shorties are better where you drive on the street and BBK's are 50 state legal and others might be also if they have a CARB number on them.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Long tubes are great if you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time and like Raspy exhaust. Plus no matter what anyone tells you there are not legal long tubes, once you have to move the Catalytic Converters it is illegal for use on the Public road, that is Federal Law and has nothing to do with my state does not have emissions. It is illegal to sell a car with modified Emissions in the US also. In other words someone that buys it and moves to state that has emissions they come back on you on it is up to a $25,000 fine.
So there is no way in God's green earth I would ever tell someone to run long tubes, Shorties are better where you drive on the street and BBK's are 50 state legal and others might be also if they have a CARB number on them.
Great advice. I don't know how many times I hear "we dont have emissions in my state", well thats all well and good if you intend to keep the car forever. If you do? Thats great, go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts