Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and need help on further performance upgrades for my 2013 mustang v6 automatic. so far I have:
93 bama race tune
C & L intake
BBK throttle body
2.73 gears

I am currently at 5.1 sec 0-60 and 13.7-8 on the 1/4.

thanks for the help. happy to be on the forum

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would upgrade your gears to 3.73 you will notice a huge difference. The 2.73 is too steep and not very suitable for the 3.7 IMO.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would upgrade your gears to 3.73 you will notice a huge difference. The 2.73 is too steep and not very suitable for the 3.7 IMO.
yeah I was going to either get 3.73 or 3.55. I think 4.10 are a bit much considering the mpg. are there significant differences between 3.55 vs 3.73?

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I am new to the forum and need help on further performance upgrades for my 2013 mustang v6 automatic. so far I have:
93 bama race tune
C & L intake
BBK throttle body
2.73 gears

I am currently at 5.1 sec 0-60 and 13.7-8 on the 1/4.

thanks for the help. happy to be on the forum
Welcome to MustangEvolution! It sounds like you've already been given a great suggestion. I would also recommend going with a set of gears! Since you have an Automatic, 3.73's or 4.10s are both great options. Don't fear the gear! This will be the most beneficial mod for Acceleration and torque.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to MustangEvolution! It sounds like you've already been given a great suggestion. I would also recommend going with a set of gears! Since you have an Automatic, 3.73's or 4.10s are both great options. Don't fear the gear! This will be the most beneficial mod for Acceleration and torque.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
what do you think about BBK long tube headers and acceleration? I heard they add a bunch of power

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Lower you're car will help also, and some good tires will get you better traction.
how much would that cost me? and what brand name? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Lowering you're car will not be that expensive maybe 2-300 bucks and you can do it you'reself! Gears on the other hand is a tough task and the majority of people reccomend you take it to a professional

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
what do you think about BBK long tube headers and acceleration? I heard they add a bunch of power

Absolutely! Long Tube Headers will help with Power and low end Torque/Acceleration. If you Throw in a set of Gears, Long Tubes and Lowering Springs, your car will be a completely new animal!

-Dan

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have 3.73 in my auto. there just about perfect for me. I do a decent amount of highway driving so I stayed away from the 4.10 gears because of MPG. I still get a solid 27 and sometimes even the 30 on the freeway, about 25 to 27 around town. There was an obvious improvement in acceleration.....

As for the BBK long tubes, they do increase your HP a good amount. Some claim up to 30HP with a tune. What you don't hear about as much is the torque. Some claim that you will experience a loss in torque, others say there is no change.... it's a hard choice but really you cant go wrong with either. If your goal is to lower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times then the gears are the better choice here because they really help the low end acceleration. Tires would be a good addition too, especially if you do tires and gears you should see a good improvement.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 3.73 in my auto. there just about perfect for me. I do a decent amount of highway driving so I stayed away from the 4.10 gears because of MPG. I still get a solid 27 and sometimes even the 30 on the freeway, about 25 to 27 around town. There was an obvious improvement in acceleration.....

As for the BBK long tubes, they do increase your HP a good amount. Some claim up to 30HP with a tune. What you don't hear about as much is the torque. Some claim that you will experience a loss in torque, others say there is no change.... it's a hard choice but really you cant go wrong with either. If your goal is to lower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times then the gears are the better choice here because they really help the low end acceleration. Tires would be a good addition too, especially if you do tires and gears you should see a good improvement.
yeah I understand that. I have around $2k to spend on performance so I was jw what I should do in addition to my tune intake and throttle body. I think I'm gonna go with the gears first plus install would be around $650? and headers plus install would be around $850? does that sound about right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok i have a question.

There is a guy on youtube that did a 0-60 on his 100% stock 2013 V6 and did 5.0secs.
Does been manual have anything to do or even the driver?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok i have a question.

There is a guy on youtube that did a 0-60 on his 100% stock 2013 V6 and did 5.0secs.
Does been manual have anything to do or even the driver?
I think stock for stock manuals have always been faster. 5.0 sec is hard to believe tho.

·
Registered
809 Posts
a loss of torque could hurt my 0-60 right?
it COULD. but if you get gears then you just up'd your torque a good amount but it now takes more HP to turn the rear wheels. So if you do both headers and gears you can look at it like this...... you gain a good chunk of HP with headers but loose a few torque. Then take your gears, you just boosted your rear wheel torque substantially but it now takes more horses to get you to those higher MPH...... separately you can see that there is a trade off but together they make up for the others downfall and then some. Gears+headers=winning combo

Also, no need to pay to have the headers installed, all you need is a jack, jack stands, a couple wrenches and preferably a buddy to lend a hand. no need to pay, it's an easy install. $600 for BBK hearers and off road x pipe from AM.

The gears you will want a pro to do. I paid $500 for gears and install but that is a real good price, i think $650 is fair from a good shop but I wouldn't pay more that that.

Also, you should look into a new aluminum drive shaft if you want the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile. manny claim to shed 0.2 seconds off there 1/4 times...... thats a good chunk if you have been around the strip allot. It also gives you better throttle response amongst other things...... it is on my to do list

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I think stock for stock manuals have always been faster. 5.0 sec is hard to believe tho.
If your good you can get 5 sec 0-60. I have herd allot of people claim they can pull it off........ 0-60 times honestly comes down to the driver and whether or not you can get traction.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Look up American muscle acceleration pack on YouTube

1 - 20 of 45 Posts