Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what most miles you would buy a used 11 for? Reason I ask I've seen some last couple days for about 20k with 40k miles . I'd save a lot of mod money . What would your worries be just wondering thanks

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I say go for it 40k miles is nothing ppl are just picky when it comes to new cars

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya it's a 11 5.0 black on black stick premium for 22k which is 7k less then same car with like 24k miles

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Ya it's a 11 5.0 black on black stick premium for 22k which is 7k less then same car with like 24k miles
As long as it was well maintained which idk why u woundnt after spending 30k on a car go for it u could buy a turbo kit with the 7k :)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking vortech for 4500 lol just would hate to get that deep in car then something break no warranty and engine halfway through her life well see if anyone else chimes in. Don't know how many have well over 40k on there's

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
Thinking vortech for 4500 lol just would hate to get that deep in car then something break no warranty and engine halfway through her life well see if anyone else chimes in. Don't know how many have well over 40k on there's
I would go with the one with 40k. Didn't you even want a premium also but it didn't really fit the budget?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do but now that I have saved up 12k I think I could probably even get a new base 5.0 . Just alot of options and debating how I feel spending 20k on a car with high miles. So I simply just ask I would ate to regret a 20k purchase lol

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Keep looking bud, you'll find one with less than 10k on it, in your budget. This is the time of year to buy.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I do but now that I have saved up 12k I think I could probably even get a new base 5.0 . Just alot of options and debating how I feel spending 20k on a car with high miles. So I simply just ask I would ate to regret a 20k purchase lol
I would get a new base 13 5.0 u know ppl with these cars mod them and are HARD on them.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest if I got a base model the only and I repeat only thing I would miss is my color. I love the accent light not only in gauges, door sill and up holder and footwells I like how there integrated :(

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if you are going to drive the crap out of it super low miles is really useless for you. I have a 2012 that has 16k on it (got it last March....) its a daily and vacation car so I dont really mind.

If you plan to baby it, garage kept, and you only drive when you want or when its nice (or dont drive much to work etc) then fine one with low miles in the area of 5-10k a year.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Moto111 said:
To be honest if I got a base model the only and I repeat only thing I would miss is my color. I love the accent light not only in gauges, door sill and up holder and footwells I like how there integrated :(
My last car was a Premium , the only thing I miss is the leather wrapped steering wheel. So happens I had the my color set for the same color my new car is stock.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can buy and install a leather steering wheel super cheap FYI if you want one

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I have 42k on mine and she drives the same (well better due to modifications) than she did with less than 10k. But why would you put on a Paxton and expect to break something and hope it's covered under warranty? If you can't afford to break it you can't afford to mod it.

Either way, 20k seems high with 40k miles, people but new unmolested 13's for 25-27k all day.

Good luck with whatever your decision may be

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd go with the new '13 base.

I personally just feel a lot more comfortable buying a new, or very slightly used car that's still covered under warranty. These cars are made for performance, and yes, they are made to be driven hard. However, they are not made to be driven stupidly. You never know how the previous owner drove his car.

Even at 40k miles, you still have your 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty left... But I would still go with the new, or try to find one under 10k miles.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I could live with blue and then just add footwell lights . Didn't know gauges had any color . Hmmm maybe a base 13 for like 29 otd

·
Registered
425 Posts
I agree with vik you never know how was that car driven, in case you have problems with the car ford won't help because its warranty it's over or it's approaching to its end. I would prefer to know what I'm doing to my car from 0 miles instead of getting a car that already has a really good amount of mileage

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good advice and I found out I can get xplan pin through my work. I guess we are partners with ford so il see how competitive it is with usaa. They didn't say which plan it was just alot of people say that got tons off. And a new 13 base model would be nice keep warranty mod over time and probably lower apr as well

1 - 20 of 32 Posts